set up fortec ultra receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tlajr

Original poster
Aug 15, 2005
i am trying to set up the fortec ultra lifetime receiver i just purchased with my 6' wire mesh dish. i have a dual lnb. i use a cband/kuband on my bud. i have a cband receiver that i use to move the dish, and to watch some stations on. i am able to get satellites with my astrotel dmt 2000 but can't get any reception on my fortec. my dish is mesh. my zipcode is 36744.

Hello and WELCOME to the SatelliteGuys.US FTA forum :welcome

If its a DBS dual LNBF remember to use 11250 as the L.O. value in the Antenna set up screen!

fortec receiver gets no signal off my bud.

thanks but that isn't the type lnb i am using. i have the cband/kuband lnbs.
i can get signals on my astrotel mpeg receiver. i have a lnb that you can put on a small dish, but it didn't pick up either.

huh?

You have one LNB that does C-Band and Ku-Band Digital?

Most likely you have a STANDARD Ku band LNB.

In the Fortec Ultra, set the LNB type to STANDARD.
Change LO Freq to 10750

for C-Band satellites, set the LNB Type to STANDARD
Change LO Freq to 5150.

If you have a DiSEqC switch, set each side appropriately.

Good luck... :)

what do you have to switch between bands? a 22khz switch or a 2x1 DiSEqC?

Or do you have two cables, one for C band, one for Ku?

how are you slaving the recevier, using high-bandwidth splitters? or a L-band passthru?

2x1 DiSEqC and two cables one for C band, one for Ku using high-bandwidth splitters.

questic said:
You have one LNB that does C-Band and Ku-Band Digital?

i use a dual lnb on a 6 foot mesh dish. i have a cband receiver that picks up stations fine. i use a astrotel dmt 2000 digital and get signals. purchased the fortec and no signal quality. if the astrotel mpeg works why not the fortec?

Go to AMC-7. Put it on an odd channel, I usually use channel 5. You should get a black screen that tells you to contact your provider and subscribe, unless you are already subscribed. Then do a scan with your Fortec using the C-band LO frequency of 5150. After the scan you should get 6 channels from Anchorage, Alaska.

Al

are you saying put the station on amc-7 with the cband receiver and then do the scan? I don't understand why a astrotel receiver gets reception and i hook up the fortec and get nothing.

i bought the following lnb: UNIVERSAL INVACOM FREE TO AIR SINGLE LNB .3 DB FTA
this is the one i would try to use on a small dish and got nothing.

tlajr said:
are you saying put the station on amc-7 with the cband receiver and then do the scan?
Yes, use the C-band receiver to drive the dish.
tlajr said:
I don't understand why a astrotel receiver gets reception and i hook up the fortec and get nothing.
How do you have the Fortec hooked up?
You should slave the Fortec and use the Astrotel as the master unit.

Al

tlajr said:
i bought the following lnb: UNIVERSAL INVACOM FREE TO AIR SINGLE LNB .3 DB FTA
this is the one i would try to use on a small dish and got nothing.

This is a universal Ku LNB. It won't do C-band. In the antenna setup on the receiver, set the LNB as a Universal 1 with a L.O. of 9750/10600. If you don't set it this way it won't work properly, since the universals default to the low frequency side and there's nothing there in the U.S. (except for Cubavision).

set up fortec receiver

i just got a older dish network dish with dual lnb's on it. any suggestions in setting this up with the fortec by itself? :confused:

The Dish Network dish won't do you any good for most FTA satellites. If it is the old model that has two SEPARATE LNBFs, you can use it to pick up NASA and the audio on 119w as well as GOL-TV and a couple of promo channels on 110w at the same time.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)