Setanta Problems (i.e. Garbage)?

nlk10010

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2004
Nassau County NY
I'm really glad Dish is carrying Setanta but over the last week I have had numerous issues with breakup, stuttering and blackouts. It happens through both my receivers (a 622 and 211). The latest was while watching (live) the Chelsea Champions' League match this week.

While I suppose it COULD be my dish I don't have those problems with any other channel. It doesn't look like the usual weak signal issue; i.e. it's not pixelation but beeps, buzzes, picture breakup, then blackout then resume.

If it's NOT me then WTH am I paying $15/month for? :)

Has anyone else experienced this problem (and if there are any people who watch it through D* that info would be appreciated as well)?

Thanks.

=NLK=

That's Setanta for you :rolleyes: It's not just you.

The pub channels are no better. $150 a game for the Celtic feeds and we get to enjoy 15 minute freeze ups and frames dropping faster than the US dollar.

What are you going to do though? Captured audience

You can add me to the list of people who have been having problems with Setanta, freezing popping audio & dropouts too. seems like it is a setanta problem (feed to dish), wonder if Direct TV folks are having the same problem.

Last edited:
OK, thanks all (I think :)).

It WOULD be interesting to hear if it's happening on D* as well but from what tfultz said above it seems it's a Setanta problem.

Oddly, that makes me feel better; I am in constant fear of my dish going out of alignment because of the way it's attached to my chimney and because I won't be able to find anyone competent to realign/tighten it.

=NLK=