This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Setting for ANIK F2 Fortec 90

electronmini

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Now back in Texas
I have not set a dish in years and recently got the urge to check AnikF2 for Free channels from Canada in Florida;
I am using an old CaptiWorks cw-700S and the Fortec 90 with a universal LNB and I cannot lock/find the signal.
As per Lyngsat:
I set up the CapativeWorks to Anik F2 111.1 W; Ku 11745 transponder 2 with freq. 20500 2/3

The dish as per dish pointing is set at 51.5 elevation and since location is:
Latitude 30.54256100
Longitude -97.67112200

I get to azimuth= -159.2

LNB= 21.5 clockwise
I have lost the remote control and cannot do a blind scan, one on order.
I can get no signal with the meter or the Receiver setup to antenna setup with all the parameter above.
Anything will help, since I am missing something!
Is my receiver capable to catch the signal? is the LNB the correct type?
Thanks

A DVBS QPSK receiver will not lock a 8psk transponder.

11770 V 3270 is QPSK transponder.

The receiver needs to be set to match the universal LNBF. Universal type with LO set to 9750/10600.

A DVBS QPSK receiver will not lock a 8psk transponder.

11770 V 3270 is QPSK transponder.

The receiver needs to be set to match the universal LNBF. Universal type with LO set to 9750/10600.
Titanium: Thanks, I guess I have a lot to learn since I at this point I do not know that either DVBS & QPSK mean even after reading their definitions.
I will be looking for a receiver that can be more modern then, any suggestion as to what I should be looking for?
Thanks bunch

Further to what Titanium said, the transponder he mentioned (if it is still up, I haven't checked that satellite in a long time) is the only one you can get, as all the other transponders are Shaw Direct Digicipher 2 and won't show up in any scan on any receiver (unless a Digicipher 2 receiver or some computer tuners). There are no free (zero key) channels on F2 that I am aware of even if you do have a Digicipher receiver.

Reactions: electronmini
Sure, I live in Round Rock, The settlement. But lady friend is going to get a paid subscription and I will set up the dish. I was just trying here at hoe to practice, I can see that I am rusty to say the lest.
Thanks.

OK then, well it's clear your azimuth is WAY off. You're in a location where 97W is your southernmost satellite but right now you're pointing to the east of true south for a satellite which is significantly farther west than your location. You need to try azimuth 201.6 for 111.1W.