Setting for ANIK F2 Fortec 90

electronmini

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Now back in Texas
I have not set a dish in years and recently got the urge to check AnikF2 for Free channels from Canada in Florida;
I am using an old CaptiWorks cw-700S and the Fortec 90 with a universal LNB and I cannot lock/find the signal.
As per Lyngsat:
I set up the CapativeWorks to Anik F2 111.1 W; Ku 11745 transponder 2 with freq. 20500 2/3

The dish as per dish pointing is set at 51.5 elevation and since location is:
Latitude 30.54256100
Longitude -97.67112200

I get to azimuth= -159.2

LNB= 21.5 clockwise
I have lost the remote control and cannot do a blind scan, one on order.
I can get no signal with the meter or the Receiver setup to antenna setup with all the parameter above.
Anything will help, since I am missing something!
Is my receiver capable to catch the signal? is the LNB the correct type?
Thanks

A DVBS QPSK receiver will not lock a 8psk transponder.

11770 V 3270 is QPSK transponder.

The receiver needs to be set to match the universal LNBF. Universal type with LO set to 9750/10600.
Titanium: Thanks, I guess I have a lot to learn since I at this point I do not know that either DVBS & QPSK mean even after reading their definitions.
I will be looking for a receiver that can be more modern then, any suggestion as to what I should be looking for?
Thanks bunch

Further to what Titanium said, the transponder he mentioned (if it is still up, I haven't checked that satellite in a long time) is the only one you can get, as all the other transponders are Shaw Direct Digicipher 2 and won't show up in any scan on any receiver (unless a Digicipher 2 receiver or some computer tuners). There are no free (zero key) channels on F2 that I am aware of even if you do have a Digicipher receiver.

Reactions: electronmini
Sure, I live in Round Rock, The settlement. But lady friend is going to get a paid subscription and I will set up the dish. I was just trying here at hoe to practice, I can see that I am rusty to say the lest.
Thanks.

OK then, well it's clear your azimuth is WAY off. You're in a location where 97W is your southernmost satellite but right now you're pointing to the east of true south for a satellite which is significantly farther west than your location. You need to try azimuth 201.6 for 111.1W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)