setting up a genie at another site

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rontraughber

Original poster
May 27, 2013
n. california
Hello, Iam new to the forum. I would like to take my genie receiver to my vacation home. I have a slimline dish but I cant remember which one it is. I don't have phone service or internet there. I have a external signal meter. I would appreciate any input. thanks Ron

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

The dish at your vacation home needs to have a swm lnb or swm switch since the Genie requires a swm setup. Is the dish already aligned? If so, all you need to do is swap the lnb for a swm type if necessary or connect a swm8 switch. If you need help aligning the dish, come on back and we will walk you through the basics.

A swm lnb has one output. A regular lnb has four. How many cables come from your dish at your house where the Genie is?

1, Are all slimline dishs compatible with the genie? Iam going to have a friend look at the dish that at the cabin,but I think it has four.

A Slimline just means the dish itself. The lnb has to be a swm type, or you must use a swm8 or swm16 switch. That means, no, not all Slimlines are compatible with the Genie.

The better answer is all slimline dishes are capable but not all are immediately compatible. If you have 4 wires coming from the lnb you need a Swm8 multi switch. If you have one wire coming down so long as there is only one output from the lnb as well the it is swm compatible.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Since he already has a Genie, if there is only one cable from the dish, it has to be a swm lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts