Setting up a VIP622 to work with a ChannelMaster Antenna

kdmonk1

Original poster
May 4, 2011
DFW
I have a brand new VIP622 receiver but I do not have satellite service. Is there a way to connect the receiver to my Vizio 42" LCD TV so that I can pull over the air using my antenna.

Any time I try to access the local channel settings in the receiver, it states that it is unable.

I know that ChannelMaster has a DVR Receiver (Walmart.com: Channel Master CM-7000PAL Antenna-Compatible DVR: TV & Video) that is made by the same company. Any thoughts??

the 622 will not receive locals unless you have satellite service.....

many like the channel master dvr, formerly sold as echostar (dish network) is a HD over the air drv receiver, no subscription required...

Oh Well....

Yea, to make a long story short, I received dish service about 4 years ago and the dish guy stated that it was something wrong with the receiver that I had so he installed a new one and never picked up the old one. So I just cancelled my Dish service this week and replaced it with a high powered antenna so I can get OTA HD. So they send you these boxes to send the dvrs back and I remembered that I had the DVR before. So I plugged it in and it worked fine, no issues at all. So that was the reason behind me trying to use that DVR for local. So now I have this brand new DVR that I don't need since I can't use it. Any ideas on what to do with it?

If it's a leased receiver, it does need to be returned. If it's purchased, so long as there is no balance on the account, you can sell it, or use it as a doorstop, target practice, whatever you deem fit.

If you send a PM with the phone number or receiver number, I can see if it's leased or purchased

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)