SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 4, 2004
Down South
If any of you can shed some light on this,

I'm trying to view my webcam at home from work or any other computer
I used this link to set it up.

http://www.tvpc.com/docs/WebCam_Instructions.pdf

everything went good , I can view my webcam using WMP no problems on my pc, but not from any other pc I turned my firewall off ,still no go. It sounded simple in his setup, but not working for Me, any suggestions would be appreciated

If I can get it working I want to set cam outside to watch wildlife

So you are trying to host your webcam content on your own PC and allow outside to access it like a server? I would think it would be easier to dump it to an HTML page on your ISP's server and just browse to that . Safely leaving your AV and firewall up and keeping other out of your PC.

I just bought an ethernet webcam. It was slightly more costly than a normal cheapie webcam, but made streaming video a snap since it has the webserver software built-in. Just mount it, connect the ethernet cable, plug it in, hit the internal web server and configure simple access settings, configure router to allow access to cam from outside the firewall (all instructs were included).

If you are going to be the only one watching, try sightspeed.
I have it setup on 3 pc's at home with webcams. I then log on to sightspeed from a remote computer and can access any of the 3 webcams with sound and full screen if I want it. Its free to boot. Works seamlessly thru any firewall etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts