Setting up big dish once again.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BlueBear

Original poster
Jun 21, 2009
SE US
Dusting off the big dish and begining to play again. Here is what I have

1. New BSC621 Lnb
2. New Vbox
3. Used Pansat 9200HD

This whole thing started when I got the Pansat from a friend of a friend who was one of those fed up patched eye guys. I did some research and decided to update the pansat box to the lastest firmware off the pansat site and set it back to factory defaults. I think everything is setup correctly, but things are just a bit different from the old c-band days. Currently the only SAT I can get is SATMEX-5, but I do get it in both KU & C. I have a bunch of questions, but I guess I start with the easy ones.

1. What is the easiest way of finding SATs using this setup? I basically stumped across SATMEX-5. I have noticed that the pansat does not have correct info in it for some of the birds and I have to manually add tps using info from lyngsat. Currently I'm picking a sat, putting in sat mode where I see Signal & Quality and manually moving the dish using the VBox. This has not worked out well for me.

2. If I do find another bird, what is the best way to scan it. On the SATMEX-5, I did a advanced scan and it took a while, but found a bunch of channels. Do I have to do that advanced scan all the time to find new things?

Hope this is in the right fourm & thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)