Setting up conical feed questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jcardani

Original poster
Oct 9, 2007
Southern NJ
Hi All,

I will be seting up a conical feed on my Fortec 1.2m soon and have some questions.

First, where should the feed be positioned on the LNB (at what F/D line?) Should it be lined up with .6 since the dish is a .6F/D? Iceberg's pictures on his review of the conical feed appears to not be at .6 but it's hard to see. BTW I have the DMX741 C/Ku band LNBF and not the GeoSatpro he was using. I want to make sure the dish is illuminated properly.

Also, is the focus point the same for C and Ku band with this LNB?; ie if I set the focal length both C and Ku would be correct.

Thanks

Joe

I think you'll have to play a little , Joe. Once I got a signal on my lnbf WITHOUT the scalar, I optimized that manually. Then I put the scalar cone on the lnbf . Beginning at the very end and moving away from the dish, my best spot seems to be about 1" to 1 1/2" from the mouth of the feedhorn. I use STO on Gal 23 (121W) as a target since it's loaded with power. Since , by definition, this C-band lnbf is mismatched to a Ku band dish, I wouldn't rely too much on trying to "calculate" the sweet spot. It's quicker to actually determine it logically in incremental fashion.
:)

Attachments

• conical-4.jpg
    conical-4.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 173
my LNB is set up almost like Brent's in regards to the depth of the LNB

I'll take a pic of mine later

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)