Setting up H22 with internet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

spartan789

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Oct 28, 2008
I just got my d* installed yesterday morning and was told I could get the Showtime / Starz / The101 On Demand stuff over the internet if I had a router. I hooked up my router next to the box and got the receiver to get an IP address. The only problem is that when I try to order stuff on demand from the site it doesn't send it. Any ideas? Thanks.

spartan789

Oct 28, 2008
It takes a while for the Directv system to enable this for you. Does a system test show that your HR22 is connected to the internet?

Yeah. I do have it connected to the 'net. It says that it should only take 24 hours. It's been more than that now. Don't mind waiting, but I just wish it wouldn't say that if it wasn't going to be 24 hours.

jdspencer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 22, 2004
Binghamton, NY
Your thread title says you have the H22, which is not a DVR and thus On Demand won't work. If you do have the HR22, then be patient. It took a little over three days for DirecTV to recognize my HR20.

spartan789

Oct 28, 2008
Your thread title says you have the H22, which is not a DVR and thus On Demand won't work. If you do have the HR22, then be patient. It took a little over three days for DirecTV to recognize my HR20.
You're right. I do have HR22. Sorry about the confusion. I'm a n00b to this sat stuff.

Big Dawg 23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 13, 2008
Northfield, MN
My HR22 took about 1HR for a lot of the data and about 3 HRs for everything. It was not 24HRS. I have 16MB which may have made a difference. Hover it keeps dropping connection now.

spartan789

Oct 28, 2008
what do you mean 16MB? Are you talking about your bandwidth? I am having problems getting anything to download at all.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)