Setting up new Buzz receiver

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dish_in_the_sky

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 18, 2006
What's the network search for?

I'm putting together a FTA system, and just received a Buzz S2010f receiver. Yesterday I hooked it up to my existing dish at 61.5 W. L. (usually hooked to a lifetime subscribed E* 3900 rcvr for Sky Angel) to familiarize myself with its setupo and operation. Sig 79-80 Qual ~30-45 (ouch!) *WITH* a 36" DSS dish!

The manual wasn't very helpful, but I figured most things out. Except I don't know what a "network" scan looks for.

I'll receive the Tech SAT Tracker 0.3 dB linear LNBF today and go for the 95 W.L. bird for the CCTV channels, my inlaws like those channels.

Yes, I'm trying to have "a big dish in the sky..." AKA a big ear to receive it if it's out there on Ku.

BTW, 61.5 W. L. is "fun" to get here, at 122.2 deg W. L. and 47.8 deg. N lat. near rainy Seattle. 10 miles of rain path [beam length to 10,000 ft= is about 10 miles] is a problem even with a 36" dish. (Assume 10,000 ft is where the rain starts.)

When you get the Tech SAT Tracker 0.3db lnbf, you might try a scan from there. Amazonas is at 61.0w and you probably won't have to move the dish to get a signal. Worth a try. You might find something you like.

Al

The Buzz unit can read low for some odd reason.

The Techsat LNB is a Universal, so change your LNB LO to Universal (9750/10600) or shortcut…change to 10600 and turn 22k on

One thing I noticed is mine is goofed. Where the skew marks are are wrong…they are 90 degrees off. Since you are on 61 as noted, try blind scanning to get Amazonas transponder (its at 61 also).

I spent many a days trying to get a dish aimed…only to find out my skew is off by 90 degrees (it was a defect in the unit….not me) :D

But CCTV is VERY strong signal on 95

Thanks... I still wonder what the network search is

Good tip on the 90 deg. off skew! THAT would put a crimp in almost anyone's dish aiming... :D *L*

I'll pick a specific (H or V) transponder and try 0 deg. then 90 deg "adjustment" to the indicated (~-38 degree?) skew figure.

I still wonder what a "network scan" means on the Buzz receiver...

network scan finds frequencies with the same symbol rate. Here in the US it really isn't used (because alot of transponders use different symbol rates)

It (like alot of features on FTA boxes) are big in Europe

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)