Setting up Whole Home DVR - what all do I need?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

iafirebuff

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2006
Waterloo, Iowa
OK, I have a green label SWM, 8way and PI21, 2- HR23 DVR's and will be adding a HD non dvr receiver. I would now like to set up the whole home DVR. What all will I need? Currently my DVR's are connected via ethernet cables. It looks like I need a DECA adapter at both DVR's and that the HD receiver I will be getting has it built in. Do I also need the DECA Broadband connection kit? Thank you for the help!

Thanks for the reply. I am going to use the DECA adapters so I do not have to run anymore wires :) I currently have 2 dvr's with cat5 but will be converting them over :)

While awaiting the arrival of my DECA adapters I called DirecTV and activated the whole home DVR. Had NO issues - said I wanted unsupported mode as at the moment I have the cat5 hooked up. The rep I talked to was really good - he told me when my adapters come in if I have any problems to give them a call. In our chat, we got to talking satellite stuff. He is going to college and wrote a paper on the history of satellites - he even knew about FTA/ku stuff :).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts