Status
Please reply by conversation.

tonytm

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 30, 2010
Seattle
Hi all,

I am interested in receiving the HD feed for EWTN on Galaxy 12 / 133W. I am thinking I would like to do this using a 1.8m (or if possible, 1.2m) dish (to minimize any conflicts with the HOA). I am on the west coast. It looks pretty straightforward. Is there anything special I need to be aware of? It is listed as a Powervu feed but I am assuming that I will be able to receive it with any MPEG4-capable receiver. Thanks in advance for any input -

Tony

EWTN comes in pretty good on an 8ft dish at my place and there are perhaps 15 channels on 91W, I am using an AZBOX, but have set up several EWTN setups with sd receivers and still get a lot of programming. Mother Angelica rocks!

ok unless I'm blind the only feed I see on 133W for EWTN is analog

Where is this EWTN HD people speak of?

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the reception of powervu encoded channels. Doesn't that need a specific decoder?

Photto

correct and a subscription too. I have a couple POwervu receivers (D9223) and all they get is FTA

ok unless I'm blind the only feed I see on 133W for EWTN is analog

Where is this EWTN HD people speak of?

Galaxy 12
3904 H 4000
DVB-S2

It's been there for many months now.
It comes in fine on my 10 foot mesh dish.

Thanks photoman76. Can I ask what what your setup is (receiver, LNB, etc). Is the picture quality on HD what you would expect from an HD feed? Thanks!

I use a Prof 7500 and a Norsat 8000 C band lnb. The HD channel is H.264, 1920 x 1080i running at 8 Mbps. It's on the low end of HD quality.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)