setup help what do i need to get

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

GilbertsGrape

Original poster
Aug 18, 2008
I want to take my DTV to the lake with me. I have a single LNB dish with 2 outputs. that is tuned to 101. to get 119 and 110 i need anothere dish because the dish needs to point another direction. so i have a phase III 3 eye dish with the built in switch. I only need to hook up one reciever. What do i need to buy to get both of these dishes signals to the reviever. multiplexer? someone said need a passthought something .... HELP please. what the buy how to hook it up and best place to get it from.

Thanks,
Grape

You don't say where you are but here all I need is my dish (basic) and my D11 receiver. I get all the channels and my locals on the 101. Have tailgated with this setup for years... piece of cake. In fact I was able to use this also on a rented houseboat about 150 mi. south with no probs :cool:

You don't say where you are but here all I need is my dish (basic) and my D11 receiver. I get all the channels and my locals on the 101. Have tailgated with this setup for years... piece of cake. In fact I was able to use this also on a rented houseboat about 150 mi. south with no probs :cool:
my spot beam locals are on 110 and i am not sure what all is on the 119.

my locals are in Kentucky and i want to use my dish in TN at the lake. must use 2 dishes to get all sats. what do i need to combine these dishes

The phase three has 3 lnbs to receive 101, 110 and 119. Why would you need to use a separate 18 inch dish? Dish Network uses an sw21 combiner switch for their 110,119 dish 500 to work with their round dish pointed at echo3. DirecTV doesn't have that device because it's not needed.

The phase three has 3 lnbs to receive 101, 110 and 119. Why would you need to use a separate 18 inch dish?
Apparently the OP failed miserably in geometry. I can't imagine what elevation you would have to be at (thousdands of miles above sea level to be sure) to get 30 degrees between 101W and 119W.
Dish Network uses an sw21 combiner switch for their 110,119 dish 500 to work with their round dish pointed at echo3.
DISH Network doesn't use any special hardware with the Dish500. The DPP Twin can drive two receivers from 110W, 119W and one other slot (61.5W, 129W or 148W).

There really isn't any point to the OP trying to use anything other than the Phase III dish outside of this absolutely false preconceived notion about the huge spacing between satellites.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts