Setup possibly wrong?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aristotle73

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2005
I'm stumped :( I've pointed my dish everywhere and it seems like I can't get a lock at all. I'm using a 1.4 meter dish with the XtremeII LNBf. Because the dish is an old Wineguard, the arm comes out from the center (my dish's arm is the same as gizzer777's).

The LNBf is installed kind of weird because I wasn't sure how to mount the LNB to the arm. The LNBf is made level with the metal holder by some very small blocks of wood. The LNBf is pointing directly torwards the center of the dish. I can take a picture if needed.

Any ideas if my setup is possibly wrong? (Maybe I have the LNBf pointed at the dish incorrectly?)

Thx

That is a Buttonhook

aristotle73 said:
I'm stumped :( I've pointed my dish everywhere and it seems like I can't get a lock at all. I'm using a 1.4 meter dish with the XtremeII LNBf. Because the dish is an old Wineguard, the arm comes out from the center (my dish's arm is the same as gizzer777's).

The LNBf is installed kind of weird because I wasn't sure how to mount the LNB to the arm. The LNBf is made level with the metal holder by some very small blocks of wood. The LNBf is pointing directly torwards the center of the dish. I can take a picture if needed.

Any ideas if my setup is possibly wrong? (Maybe I have the LNBf pointed at the dish incorrectly?)

Thx

And that would be a "Buttonhook"

It is very frustrating when NOTHING can be seen, but once you get something, the rest will fall into place. Have you checked the focal length (do not remember?)
Jeff
Jeff

That is one cute dish!

I like the flat mount very similar to mine, very flexible.

I take it you took all the measurements and distances from the old LNB before removing, if not I would put it back on and do that, the distance from the dish reflector will be critical as this LNBF is designed for off-set dish.

I would also try to get that scaler ring back into the scenario (word of the day).

I have never really done any experiments with any KU LNB's on a BUD yet, the reason can be seen below........

Forgot to add the skew looks good for true south but will need adusted otherwise.

Attachments

• Pict0001.JPG
    Pict0001.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
Actually, I didn't take any measurements...I didn't know that mattered. I'm guessing the LNBf needs to be moved closer to the dish?

The scalar ring that was originally on there is actually broken. There were also no salvagable parts from the original LNB. I checked hoping I could use something from the previous LNB to mount the new one. No luck :(

Does anyone know what the focal distance would be for a dish that has a diameter of six feet? I tried doing the calculations myself and it came out to something like four feet--which doesn't seem right. Anyone have any ideas?

I would just use a meter like the SF-95 to figure out where the best place to place the LNBF. PBS has the right idea tho. If you can get the orig Feedhorn fixed and put another LNB on it you would get the most out of the dish.

Good luck with it.

aristotle73 said:

Thx

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)