Setup Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Poke

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Dec 3, 2003
OK
Ok I might be coming back to Direct do they still use the DECA or do you have to use this new Wireless Video Bridge?? How well does it work due to we might put a TV in our porch outside for ball games racing events so forth was thinking about using a wireless genie out there but I have a drop already out there as well. :)

The wireless video bridge is only for wireless client installations. If you're not going to have wireless, then there's no wvb. The wvb is only for the client so if you're talking about connecting to the internet, then I'd you get an HR44, it will have the wireless cck installed as well as the deca so no other external equipment is needed.

Yeah I would get the latest Genie DVR then I thought one mini genie for the other room and then maybe a wireless genie to float between the porch and another room. The porch has a drop so it would not have to be a wireless genie but the other room does not have a drop in it. So I was thinking it would be easier to move the 3 receiver back and forth if it was a wireless genie instead of hardwired.

Yeah I would get the latest Genie DVR then I thought one mini genie for the other room and then maybe a wireless genie to float between the porch and another room. The porch has a drop so it would not have to be a wireless genie but the other room does not have a drop in it. So I was thinking it would be easier to move the 3 receiver back and forth if it was a wireless genie instead of hardwired.
Wireless clients work well from my little experience with them, can't really tell them or the wired clients apart when using them and it would be perfect for your situation.

Wireless clients work well from my little experience with them, can't really tell them or the wired clients apart when using them and it would be perfect for your situation.

Yeah this 3rd one would be like a floater so I would think the wireless genie would be the best option for it. I was mainly wondering how it would get it net connection to it was all. I know the Genie HR44 and and hardwire mini genie would be free but don't know if I could get them to do the 3rd for free.. :)

Yeah this 3rd one would be like a floater so I would think the wireless genie would be the best option for it. I was mainly wondering how it would get it net connection to it was all. I know the Genie HR44 and and hardwire mini genie would be free but don't know if I could get them to do the 3rd for free.. :)
My guess is they will probably throw in the wireless client for free but make you pay for the wireless bridge since it's not leased and an owned item.

The wireless video bridges are under $60 on Amazon but not sure they will send a tech out without having directv install it

The wireless video bridges are under $60 on Amazon but not sure they will send a tech out without having directv install it

Yeah I deal with my local re seller they always do a good job with Dish and Direct plus I known the owner for years now so I always know who he sends out.. :)

So with a HR44 Genie with one hard wire Mini Genie plus one Wireless Mini Genie would the deca get them all on the net or would I need the Wireless video bridge to get them on on the net?? I know if I did not have the wire less mini genie the deca would be work..

The wireless video bridge is what allows connection of the wireless mini genie and has nothing to do with the internet.

Will the HR44 let you watch live tv and your recordings from your phone and other devices or do you have to have the Genie Go to do that??

GenieGo is the only way to watch recordings on mobile devices. You can stream live tv on your devices, but the channels are limited to availability of in-home and out-of-home streaming.. In-home is going to have more, of course, but there are several out-of-home as well.

GenieGo is the only way to watch recordings on mobile devices. You can stream live tv on your devices, but the channels are limited to availability of in-home and out-of-home streaming.. In-home is going to have more, of course, but there are several out-of-home as well.

Yeah I think I'm going to stay with Dish for now thanks for all the input guys.. :)

Will the HR44 let you watch live tv and your recordings from your phone and other devices or do you have to have the Genie Go to do that??
To clarify, to watch LIVE TV, GenieGo is not required, as user harmless fatal mentioned, content is available whether your mobile device is in network or out of network.

Here is the list of out of home channels vs in home channels

https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3624/kw/outo f home/related/1

As you can see, most channels are available OOH.

GenieGo is only required to watch your playlist on mobile devices.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)