Sg-2100 motor & Coolsat 6000 premium issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

malicom

Original poster
Mar 19, 2008
Hello, I recently set up a winegard dish, uni lnb, and Sg-2100 motor. I used Usals to point at galaxy 10r, went outside with my toner and locked in on signal. I tightened bolts down. No prob. I used usals to point at AMC 3, No problem. Amc 4 no problem. Back to galaxy 10, no problem. Suspect all is good at this point. after scanning, and flipping channels, my motor will often time just turn as far west as possible and lock. Ive tried multiple motor resets, Receiver factory resets. What am I doing wrong? Its like the motor will think 0 is further to the west, and when moving to galaxy 10, move past it. My motor is on the ARC Pointed due south. Its driving me bonkers, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Your flipping through channels and the motor takes off and goes west to its limit of travel? I'm confused, is it moving without input from you or does it just appear that its zero is set too far west?

To check where motor thinks zero is, change from USALS to Diseqc 1.2 and select 'goto reference'. Then go out and check motor position. Also when you reset this motor - whatever degree the motor is on at the time you do the reset - will be 0 degree reference. So if you need the motor to have a 0 degree reference you have to manually move the motor back to 0 on the scale with the buttons. Then do a motor reset.

I have the same receiver. I have often found that when the motor acts weird, I just turn the receiver off. Wait 20 seconds. Turn the reciver back on and then tell the motor to go to zero (on motor settings, hit the "go to reference"). This usually works.

Its as though the motor loses its zero reference.
Bloomdog-Sorry Im a noob, how do you set a zero reference? I looked through me receiver. My zero reference should be 83.4 west. Do i just create it, or is there a default? Btw thanks for the hints guys.

In the "Motorized Setting" select "Limit - Motor Control" then select "Goto Reference".

Then go outside and see where your dish points, it should point at your true South satellite.

It took me a long time to get used to the Coolsat 6000 and its motor control, but after I did I have not used my Pansats other than for their signal meter when I adjust my dishes. (On a 2 inch screen I can't see the Coolsat signal quality and the Coolsats meter is not very stable)

Ive had no luck at all with disecq. Is there a proper set up procedure to program disecq?

In the "Motorized Setting" select "Limit - Motor Control" then select "Goto Reference".

Then go outside and see where your dish points, it should point at your true South satellite.

It took me a long time to get used to the Coolsat 6000 and its motor control, but after I did I have not used my Pansats other than for their signal meter when I adjust my dishes. (On a 2 inch screen I can't see the Coolsat signal quality and the Coolsats meter is not very stable)

Thank you, The coolsats setup is kinda obscure for someone new to Fta.

Thank you, The coolsats setup is kinda obscure for someone new to Fta.

Its tough troubleshooting when you are new and not really sure how things are supposed to work in the first place. Lots of knowledgable people here who can help if you supply enough clues.
If you can get Galaxy 10 to AMC 3 with Usals then you are close to the arc. Can you say what model SG-2100 you have? Usually on the front cover of the manual there is model info. Some of the newer ones have two buttons, older ones only one button. It makes a difference re-setting the motor which you have. I have a couple of newer ones here that can't re-set the zero, the manual makes references to how to re-set the motor but that is only to re-set the satellite positions, not to set a zero.
First, in your receiver find where it says "go to reference", execute that, then go out and look at the underside of your motor, the shaft pointer should be on zero. Let us know if that is ok?

All Set Guys

The 0 reference point trick works great. Thanks I wasnt sure if it was the motor or the receiver. Now i know how to work around the receivers wierdness. Thanks Again guys

An After thought! If you have the motor with the tiny access hole to the reset button. -- Power must be turned off after you do a reset for
the change to be stored!! Warning** Do not power down the receiver
when the motor is moving, it will loose its positioning.**

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts