Instructions for FTA intall?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DarrenS

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 8, 2008
Hi all been outside allday trying to get any signal and all it get is 80% level and 0% quality, I am going by motorized instuctions for fortecstar mercury and i have the IV200 and the menus are different, I typed it all in just how instructions say and i get nothing, i moved the dish manual every way nothing, i am starting to think i have a bad lnbf.? I st dish at my true south point and then pluged in numbers in IV200.Everytime i punch in nunbers the IV200 goes back to defaults after i save it.

Last edited:
a first time install can get frustrating sometimes

some people find it easier to set the dish up without a motor first to get the feel of it.
using your IV200 and goto the setup menu where it list the satellites and pick your TS satellite from there find a live transponder from the list
find your elevation for that satellite and
and usually these settings are close but you might have to adjust just a bit.

if you have the time take breaks often and come back and ask questions cause its easy to get frustrated with it ... after you've set it up a couple of time you will think " why did it take me so long to set it up " we've all been there..... my first install took two days .. i installed one yesterday it took 5 minutes.

if you try to setup without the motor make elevation adjustments in about 10 degrees from what is listed also make east west adjustments in small increments 1/8 in or so

if any switches are involved power the receiver off first and take them out for the first try and make menu adjustments for it.

first time take a little bit but after you get it...... its worth it.
good luck

DarrenS I found that a sat signal meter is a must have and cheap $6-$15, it helps you locate the clarke belt. After that its much easier to find the active TP on your southern sat. Then your home free to fine tune from there.

Thanks guys i am very frustrated. where do i find the frequencies for different sats??

I just tried Sat signal meter and still nothing, I really think something is not right, I have moved the dish in every possible position by hand while watching signal on Lcd screen and the Quality line didnt move from 0% once.

I don't have an IV200, so I can't help much, but there should be a place in the Menu's to set your location (latitude/longitude). Have you done this yet? If not, that's probably part of the problem?

Is your Sat meter the small Black bo:mad:$10)?
If so, the background should "glow" showing that you have power going to the LNB.
Should be wired:

STB------------->(rec)Meter(lnb)>----------------LNB

I bought my Package from Satellite AV and they gave me a Signal meter Digpower, this is the LNBf i have SINGLE UNV FTA SATELLITE LNBF- MINI - SatelliteAV, LLC. It says that the Signal meter i have wont work with this LNBF, it is the cheap $10 Universal LNBF. I have put up Dishes before and I know when you spend Hours moving a dish around you are bound to pick up something. I followed Instruction to the T and i dont know what more i can do that i havent allready done, I will give it a few more hours monday and thats it. if i cant get a signal i have something defective. When i was using the signal meter if i didnt hold it just right it would die. like a short in wiring

Do you have the receiver setup for a Universal LNBF vs. Standard?
I have tried it both ways 20 times, I really do appreciate all the help from you all, its best i sleep on it as it has been a long hot frustrating day and i am a little cranky tonight. Good news Dish guys showed up today and installed my 625 pvr with new dish,

Last edited:
You mean like a Dishnetwork lnb? I have a dish 500 with dual lnbs for a spare

Perfect. Is it "pointed" now. If so, I would setup receiver for that. Then you could tell if the receiver is at fault. If receiver is good, then setup New Dish, with out motor, and DishNet LNBs. I would align to 91 south for testing. It has Circular(BellVu) and Linear signals. You would be able to mix n match and see what is going on. Add the motor at the end.

Let me see if I understand this, I have this Dish 500 with dual LBNs it is set up on roof pointed at 61.5 west, if i hook receiver to that i should at least get signal? and nasa channel? if not then receiver is defective? I can try that right in my house because cable is in my HT room.

Select the satellite that you are trying to find. For demonstration, select AMC4.

Select LNB Universal 9750 /10600

Select Transponder 11822

Set switches OFF

LNB power ON

What is your Zip Code? Look at GeoSatFinder - Satellite Finder Calculator - Satellite AV and enter your zip code. Select Satellite AMC4 101W.

Set the LNBF Rotation (or Skew) to the specified setting.

Make sure the dish was checked for warping and assembled properly. On the left side of the Elevation Bracket, verify that you see "A" stamped above the scale and an upside down "B" directly below on the Mast Clamp. If you do not see an upside down "B",but on the other side of the Mast Clamp you see am Upside Down "A", the Mast Clamp was assemble incorrectly and the dish is aimed too high.

If you see an Upside down "B", then the dish was correctly assembled. With a perfectly level Mast, set the elevation level using the white pointer to the left of the elevation nut.

With the include compass, find a geographical object that lines up with the Azimuth (Compass reading) of the AMC4 satellite.

You will now need to slightly move the dish Left or right 10 - 15 degrees from the identified compass reading. If you do not see the Quality reading jump up, raise or lower the elevation in one degree increments and pan left or right until the signal is found.

You should be able to detect AMC4 with the Universal LNBF and the supplied signal meter. You may not be able to locate other FSS satellites with the Universal LNBF / signal meter.

My guess is that the dish is aimed too high ......... Over all satellites. Let us know if this helps!

If you testing with a Dish Network dish and receiver, remember that you will need to have the LNBF LO frequency set for the type of DIsh Network LNB and have the receiver set to an active transponder for the satellite that you are aiming at.

Thankyou SatelitteAV, I will print out your post and check all these things, I have allready tested as lak7 has said to do and it works I am getting signal and channels found.

I checked assembly of dish and the A is on the left side with a upsidedown B just below on Mast clamp. so everything is right, i followed instructions very carefully. I will try the AMC4 and if i cant get that then i will need i new LNB I think?

I tried for AMC4 and menu only gives the option for 11820 so i punched in 18822 V 5700?? It wont let me do H.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)