SG-2100 problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

fil8

Original poster
Nov 9, 2006
We had a bad ice/snow storm this week with some really high winds 40 to 50 mph gusts. Well after it all thawed out a bit I went out to look at my dish/motor set up and it was waaayyyy past where it usually goes(west) After messing with it a bit I finally got it to move but it is really slow (6 min go go from 61.0 to my true south 101) The motor makes a "ticking" noise and then it barely moves the dish and then makes more ticking and moves it again.
It seems to still be on the arc as I get signals from the various birds.

Any sugestions?

fil

Coolsat 4000 pro
Fortec 90cm

SG-2100 (DMS International)
Invacom QPH-031
DiSEqC switch
RG-6 Coax with compression fittings

Sound like the plastic gears are stripped?

I think it'll try 'till it gets somewhere, no matter what.

Maybe this is why replacement gear sets are available.

Anyone have a better idea?

I have only had it up for a couple of months so I have had no problems. I did a little reading last night. I haven't gone out and done a reset on the actual motor. Do you guys think that might work?(I hope I hope :D)

fil

Well I got home from work and located a paperclip and did a reset on the motor, climbed down and went and turned the reciver on and by the time I got back outside it was all the way to the limit (W) I went back in and put it to 101 and it boogied right on over to it. Actually I think it is faster than it was.

Sorry I guess I should have done some more reading before asking simple questions.

Thanks for your time!!

Back to blind scanning.

fil

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)