Moteck SG-2100 satellite motor settings

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Meaning you want to use two receivers (in different rooms, but not simultanuously) to have motor control, over the one cable?

Yes you can use a manual A/B switch for that, or a sat priority switch.

Greetz,
A33

Client mode works. Using it here. But the receiver hooked to the dish/motor has to be in standby or you will only be able to watch channels on the transponder the main receiver is tuned on with the client receiver.
Streaming from pc & vlc using the webif or an HDMI cable from pc to tv works too. My dish steers like a peach.
But I don't know your receiver. Needs to be an Enigma 2 box.

The sat priority switch seems to be my best bet but I could not find one here in USA. It seems everything is in Europe. Anyone know of any good U.S. based suppliers?

On 103W I can get transponders 12145 & 11704. The problem is this. If I want to get the radio stations on TP 11704 I need to fine tune two clicks to the east. To get back on TP 12145 I need to go back two clicks west.
I'm assuming I may need to up my elevation but first want to ask how to trouble shoot such an issue. What are the best practices for a situation like this?

Reactions: arlo
The sat priority switch seems to be my best bet but I could not find one here in USA. It seems everything is in Europe. Anyone know of any good U.S. based suppliers?

Still another option would be to use a 0/12V switch.
You could power that by the 5Volt of a USB port of one receiver, I guess, as for many 0/12V switches the 5V would suffice, from what I've read. (I've only seen this tested with one 0/12V switch, myself, though.)

Maybe that switch is more readily available in the US?

Greetz,
A33

On 103W I can get transponders 12145 & 11704. The problem is this. If I want to get the radio stations on TP 11704 I need to fine tune two clicks to the east. To get back on TP 12145 I need to go back two clicks west.
I'm assuming I may need to up my elevation but first want to ask how to trouble shoot such an issue. What are the best practices for a situation like this?
Tiny tweaks to the lnbf. In/out. Perhaps a tweak to skew angle. If there's any play right or left in the adjustment on the lnbf mount there may be a little 'dance' of tweaking the dish itself left or right and then the lnbf to get max signal.
What happens when you get max signal and physically move the dish rim up/down, right/left?
It sounds like you may be borderline aligned. Almost there but not quite.
"Just because" some time back I manually created a duplicate satellite for 131W. Named it 131W *bump* just for the situation like yours. Only the tp's. that needed that bump were in the tp and channel list.
But I use DiseqC (go-to) and not USALS.
Then moved the channels into the 131W bouquet. Tune to the channel that needed a bump, the dish complied.
In the end I took a lot of time on my 12 footer c band dish to get all of the geometry peaked.
Once it was sorted out I didn't really need the *bump* any more.
That's the fun of it all. BTW. What receiver DO you have?

23 April 2023 10:27EDT

Right now I can see 87, 97, 99 but 103 I cannot see although the radio channels are available. We have a rainy overcast day. How much does weather impact satellite transmissions?
I had the experience when trying to BLIND scan TP's on 99 nothing could be found. I manually added the Infowars transponder and it was seen immediately. Question: Why wasn't this seen right off the bat?

I want to try to be accurate. DVB-S doesn't need as much of a signal to get a lock.
Yes, rain and snow does have a big effect on reception. A long standing fact with ku band reception.
There is a chance that on a nice clear night if you kept banging blindscan on 99W you would snag transponders.
Knowing the model of your receiver would lead to knowing it's specs. How old is it?
Did you spend the extra time and get your dish signal peaked as high as you could?
Look. Ok. So if you get 87, 97 and your signal is strong and moving the dish rim any which way decreases signal.
And as you get down to 99 and more so 103 does moving the dish rim increase signal? Even a little bit.
How big is the dish because it's hard to tell from the photo you posted.
Look at the tvro charts. 103 radio channels, 100cm dish for DVB-S and 1.2-1.8 meters for DVB-S2.
If you want and don't mind punching in transponders manually I could give you my satellite list.
I always append the existing satellites.xml file with ones from blindscans.

Reactions: phlatwound
I have a Koqit V5H H.265 Free To Air FTA Satellite Receiver DVB-S2 Satellite TV Receiver HEVC DVB S2

What do you mean by:

"There is a chance that on a nice clear night if you kept banging blindscan on 99W you would snag transponders."

Dish is a GEOSAT PRO 90cm/36" Offset Ku Band Satellite Dish

Will punching in transponders manually give me more channels? If so, I'd love to give it a try.

Clear night. No sun radiation interference. A little stronger signal. Don't see any manual except for a 'tube video.
What I hinted is if you were marginal on signal reception, the 'ones you missed', if you manually tune a transponder you might see an occasional burst in signal. Explaining why a blindscan missed it.
Please download and install Notepad++ to open this file. It should have all you need.
If you look in the 95W ku section at a string of repeated frequencies, those are multicast and probably not of any interest to you. As for the other parameters make a cheat sheet for what polarization and FEC, etc. means.
This will help also:

Please do rename satellites.txt to satellites.xml before opening.

Attachments

• satellites.txt
    198.7 KB · Views: 104
How come you gave <sat name="71.8W Arsat 1" flags="1" position="-718"> but it's not listed on tvrosat?

Also it looks tome this is a Ku sat.Correct?

First question. Look at the web link. See it?
1682297835133.png

Second question. This is from a master list built in every Enigma 2 Linux based satellite receiver image.
My transponder list in each satellite includes that factory fresh list plus those found in addition to from blindscans.
You may see some that differ in frequency by a few MHz like for example 3998 which is actually 394 and symbol rate of 299980000 which is listed as 30000000. That's the nature of the beast in LNBF construction. Frequency accuracy.
Usually never makes a difference.....but it can. And shows in blindscanning vs manual scans.

There are only 2 satellites I gave a name to. "Test C-band Transponders", which is a "bucket" I use to test new transponders because on those receivers once you reboot them the previous blindscan results are wiped.
The second one being "131.0W C-band AMC 11 *" which addressed what you described when you had radio channels and TV on a particular satellite. But had to move the dish a little bit to get either one.
Since I dialed-in my dish geometry after that time it was necessary. I do not need it any more.
The only changes I've made to the master list are those two. I have trimmed all of the extra satellites from the master list outside the arc I will never be able to get. It makes it easier when cycling through the list in tuner setup when I "roll over". I mean, hey. I'll never receive a satellite parked over Arabia or Japan, right?
Also if it helps at all. As the tvro sat page shows every day, channels are added and removed and in the lists transponders are shown by last date they were updated.

Regarding <sat name="71.8W Arsat 1" flags="1" position="-718"> are you saying it's outside the clark belt? If not, why's it listed if not on Tvrosat? Confusing.

Also, are there transponders that I could possibly receive with me 90cm dish that simply cannot be had via blind scan?

Bit confused now......

I have the day off. So I can help a little bit. Referring to Arasat 1. A search for <satellite name> active status will tell you a bit if you happen to hit the right sight. Satbeams is pretty good but may have some outdated info.
But you should understand that just like you have your dish in the back yard. Satellites have theirs also. And they focus their beams in different places on the globe. Some will "flood" the USA with signal. Others will "spot beam" also. And others beam to different geographical areas.
So here's Arasat 1's footprint. It's not over the horizon. But the downlink signal is focused where you see it is. This is for ku band. Look:
1682378506827.png

And this is for c band:
1682378567360.png

Now. If you look at 103W ku band here. It hangs out over the equator south of Mexico.. Right?
1682379019556.png

I would have to say that all geostationary satellites are parked in the Clarke Belt. Even those so called inclined orbit satellites are in the belt.
Don't confuse horizon with it.
Perhaps a little brain exercise would reveal a little bit. I'm going to attach a raw, out of the box satellites.xml file. The site won't let me post the xml extension so please change the .txt to .xml and open it along with my other satellites.xml. In Notepad++ you right click on one fole and open in new instance. That way you can put them in side by side windows to compare. Cool?

The raw file should show satellites and transponders as they were when the file was last updated by the source of the master file.
My file will show extra transponders added from blindscan results. I use mainly c band and cannot verify if the ku satellites are completely updated. But still.

A little insight. I use DiseqC and not USALS for my dish mover. And with a 12' dish I will receive more of what you don't.
My mover counts pulses of the motor. So if my mover screen shows that 127W is at a position of 100 motor pulses and 125W is at 150 motor pulses. That's 50 "clicks" of motor movement for 2 degrees. Then 25 pulses should be 1 degree of movement.
In my opinion it allows me much more aiming accuracy than USALS.
And in searching for satellites where there MAY be active transponders. Or not.
And not exactly where they are in the arc in the sky. I can start at a known satellite position.
Move the dish lets say +5-10 from 125W at 150 on the counter.
And blindscan and see if anything populates.
So. In the case of Arasat 1 that may or may not be active. If I hunt 5 "bumps" at a time. And nothing turns up. But eventually does. Way out there out of the range of bumps versus expected dish degree movement. Time to see if a channel can be received and hit the charts. Yeah?
That tells me that between here and there was......70 pulses or counts.....and that resulted in X degrees of dish movement. I write that on my cheat sheet or in Excel.

You have trees on one side and trees on the other side of your sky view. There are applications for a phone that allow you to look at the sky and see if a satellite may be visible. Pretty good but not 100% from my experience. Compass calibration figure 8 movement still acts a little funky.

As for some sats or transponders not being listed on tvro. They do not include the big pay satellite companies but do include a few of the FTA channels that may be on them. Just the way it is. Thats where Lyngsat and Satbeams comes in.

Okay. Hope you're sitting down. A thirty dollar satellite receiver may or may not pick up the ones others get. I guess its better to get into the unknown with a Zebco and move into a Shakespeare and nice reel when you get hooked on fishing. All I can say on that. To get the most out of what you have you need to make 100% certain everything is setup as accurately as can be.

Try to not be confused please.

Attachments

• satellites.txt
    497.9 KB · Views: 80
If I order another 'Sat priority switch' can I wire it like this without an issue? If this is possible what would be the maximum number of switches I could use if lnb has only one output and I move from room to room throughout the day?

Attachments

• VORRANG_SCHALTER_VERTEILT_SCHALTET1LNBAUF2RECEIVER_GOOBAY_600x600.jpg
    VORRANG_SCHALTER_VERTEILT_SCHALTET1LNBAUF2RECEIVER_GOOBAY_600x600.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 63
If I order another 'Sat priority switch' can I wire it like this without an issue? If this is possible what would be the maximum number of switches I could use if lnb has only one output and I move from room to room throughout the day?
I can't tell what those switches are. Do you have a link to the site where you found them, so we can see what they actually are?

Because if they are 22k switches, NO, you can't use them wired that way. IF they are Diseqc switches (which they don't appear to be those either) then YES, you could wire them that way IF they are the right models.

They just look like standard splitters to me... Titanium ??

For the life of me I cannot find the manual anywhere for your receiver. See this section in yours:
Support DVB2IP Can watch Free Satellite channel at mobile phone/Table.
There are options without having to move the receiver every time.
If you're enjoying the FTA experience you're going to rapidly need a more robust receiver.
Read above. I can watch satellite off of my living room Osmio4k receiver upstairs on another receiver or with a Fire TV, PC, PC connected to TV with HDMI. No cables or switches connecting the receivers at all. And the dish steers.