Moteck SG-2100 satellite motor settings

If I order another 'Sat priority switch' can I wire it like this without an issue? If this is possible what would be the maximum number of switches I could use if lnb has only one output and I move from room to room throughout the day?

I believe @vipersan had two or three of them in series, in his (extensive!) setup? That would be doable, I guess. Dependent also on quality and lengths of cables used.
(edit/added: Two in series (three switches needed): 4 receivers.
Three in series (seven switches needed): 8 receivers.)

I once had eight (I believe) diseqc switches in series, for a test. The switching still happened, but the signal didn't last through the eight switches....

Greetz,
A33

Edit2: By the way. I had a very old priority switch once, which was blown because of motor current. I hope the present priority switches can endure 500mA, as (normal) present diseqc switches can.

Edit3: I found a post by @vipersan about priority switches in series: 16/32 APSK capable satellite receivers (was: Dr HD D15 16/32 APSK)

Daisy chaining smart priority switches goes some way to achieve this but has its limitations in that it not only intoduces losses which can be catered for ...but those losses are uneven ..affecting the slope or noise floor of the IF.
I can daisy chain 2 SPS switches with some degradation ..but at level that the tuners can cope with ..
3 at a pinch ...but 4 is a no-no ..
a step too far.
Also here: Advice Needed - Smart priority switches?
Indeed ...use use them in a daisy chain arrangement ..and can confirm the losses and that they do multiply ..
3 in a chain is useable ..4 is borderline ...and forget 5 ..
from experience roughly 2db loss per insertion..

Last edited:
By the way. When your receivers have a loop-through F-connector, you could also use that (assuming you have multiple receivers). Or was that possibility addressed earlier, as well?

Greetz,
A33

I believe @vipersan had two or three of them in series, in his (extensive!) setup? That would be doable, I guess. Dependent also on quality and lengths of cables used.
(edit/added: Two in series (three switches needed): 4 receivers.
Three in series (seven switches needed): 8 receivers.)

I once had eight (I believe) diseqc switches in series, for a test. The switching still happened, but the signal didn't last through the eight switches....

Greetz,
A33

Edit2: By the way. I had a very old priority switch once, which was blown because of motor current. I hope the present priority switches can endure 500mA, as (normal) present diseqc switches can.

Edit3: I found a post by @vipersan about priority switches in series: 16/32 APSK capable satellite receivers (was: Dr HD D15 16/32 APSK)

Also here: Advice Needed - Smart priority switches?
By the way. When your receivers have a loop-through F-connector, you could also use that (assuming you have multiple receivers). Or was that possibility addressed earlier, as well?

Greetz,
A33
That went over my head. What's a loop-through F-connector and how do I know if my receiver has one?

Sometimes a receiver tuner has two F-connectors: one port for LNB-IN, and one port for OUT. The OUT-port is the loop-through:
When the receiver is not working, but in stand-by (that is needed, I believe. Long time back, that I used it), you can connect a second receiver to this OUT port. This allows the second receiver to 'control' the LNB, and receive its own channels.
When the first receiver is NOT in stand-by, but working, the second receiver usually has access to the frequencies-quadrant that the first receiver has.

NB There are also tuners with two inputs! That is quite different, of course.

Does this clarify things?

Greetz,
A33

Sometimes a receiver tuner has two F-connectors: one port for LNB-IN, and one port for OUT. The OUT-port is the loop-through:
When the receiver is not working, but in stand-by (that is needed, I believe. Long time back, that I used it), you can connect a second receiver to this OUT port. This allows the second receiver to 'control' the LNB, and receive its own channels.
When the first receiver is NOT in stand-by, but working, the second receiver usually has access to the frequencies-quadrant that the first receiver has.

NB There are also tuners with two inputs! That is quite different, of course.

Does this clarify things?

Greetz,
A33
Yes! Now I get it. Thank you for the explanation!