SG2100 Install help

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sin360

Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
US
I decided to get my motor and invacom up and running since they have been sitting brand new in box for a while. I'm having the hardest time trying to find my center bird. Which is 77W my longitude is -77.4572°. From what I've read you can only find that bird if you are in Mexico or close to the border. I've been trying to find the bird with just the C lnb hooked up directly to the receiver so I can peak my center bird and then connect everything else. My mast is plumb and I've been using the dishpointer app since I can't find my compass. I have no idea exactly where you supposed to locate you phone to use the app. I didn't have this much trouble trying to find birds when I was overseas. What else can I do if I can't see that bird from my location?

Thank You

I forgot to add the dish is a super dish which I put a single lnb holder on.

When you set up the receiver for the motor, you input your location.
So, pick a satellite near your True South (your longitude) and let the motor run the dish over to it.
Now, install the dish, peaking on that satellite.
You should be fine.

An Invacom qph031 on a DishNetwork SuperDish would not be my first choice.

are you talking about the echostar birds at 77w?

i believe all the TPs there are mpeg-4....if you dont have an mpeg-4 compatible receiver you will not be able to get ANY signal quality at all....what TP are you selecting while aiming?

you should be using a linear bird to aim a motorized dish because they require more fine tune adjustments and that will aim your motor much more accurately.....you be better off aiming for 79w and doing what "Anole" said....drive the dish there first using USALS and then aim the motor....

Before following Anole and Mikey's advice be sure to double check the latitude setting on the motor and the elevation of the dish is set as best as possible then us USALS to motor to another sat for fine tuing by adjusting the aszimuth and the elevation on the dish for maximum signal. There is a very good video on sadoun's site about installing a motor. Good luck, take your time and you will find the results very rewarding. I know I kicked myself because I waited over a year before installing my motor.

I was trying to aim at 79w and I'm having the hardest time trying to get any signal. For the latitude setting on the motor does the little stub that looks likes and arrow has to be set on your latitude or the nut? On the dish I have to set it according to the nut. I'm going to buy a regular round 36" dish since I think some of my problems are related to my oval dish. Another question I have is regarding a switch once I get my dish working correctly I'm going to have 3 receivers all together with a possible 4th for the future. Can I just use a zinwell 4x4 switch will it work well with the motor?

Thank You

The zinwell will work great, I use two of them and they outputs go into 4x1's to feed each receiver.
The arrow should be on the latitude.
An oval dish should work fine, if big enough (I use 3 primestar 84e's). if that is what you have you might research the site for some members' altered mounts.

what tp are you selecting while aiming at 79w?

also you need to be connected to the "L" port when aiming for 79w

you also need to set lnb freq to 10750

yes you align the little "arrow" with your latitude....not the nut...make sure you are looking at the latitude scale and not the elevation scale

you can hookup as many receivers as you like but only ONE receiver can control the motor.....and all receivers will only be able to watch one satellite at any given time.....(the same satellite)

yes a 4x4 switch will let you connect up to 4 receivers.....

Ok thanks for all the help. Mikey11 just pointed the obvious that I forgot; that I can only control the dish with one receiver and the rest have to view the same sat. This weekend I'll try to catch 79w and then I'll have to get another motor with the other dish I'm getting.

I just saw the list off transponders on this site so I'll be using that list.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts