SG2100 locked all the way east

Status
Please reply by conversation.
About how far east can one see, let's say they're in East Texas such as I? Would 37.5 Telstar 11N for example be doable? I've never attempted trying to find anything that far east. Would I be wasting my time trying? Thanks

Enter your address or long/lat in dishpointer, then select a satellite, it will show you if the sat is above the horizon (negative elevation values are below the horizon and not viewable) from your location.

Then it is a matter of determining if you have buildings/trees/mountains etc. blocking your line-of-sight in the direction you need to point your dish. Dishpointer will also show you what direction to point.

Satellite Finder / Dish Pointing Calculator with Google Maps | DishPointer.com

I would like to once again thank everyone for their help. Without your help I wouldn't have had a clue how to have resolved this. I mounted the dish and motor back on the pole last night. I was perfectly aligned to the arc within minutes...actually better than the first time, since I noticed the signal quality increased a bit on all chs. One more thing I'm wondering about since this is H-H. About how far east can one see, let's say they're in East Texas such as I? Would 37.5 Telstar 11N for example be doable? I've never attempted trying to find anything that far east. Would I be wasting my time trying? Thanks

Highskies,

While I did not assist with your situation as the other members already had an excellent handle on the troubleshooting process, I can add some information abut your last question.

Since you are motorized, you will be limited in the total travel by the mechanical limits of the dish/motor assembly.

Theoretically, and very roughly and barring any terrain problems, you should have a LOS for a satellite with an orbital position up to 76.5° east or west from your site's position.
This would be an ideal and theoretical limit with a FIXED POINT or stationary dish, but I sincerely doubt that it would be achievable in the "real world".

With a motorized system, you are limited first by the total mechanical limits of the motor and dish assembly and I would say that you should not expect to achieve anything more than 67.0° east or west of your site's position. This again is a theoretical limitiation, not usually attainable, but possibly close.

I can dial in Hispasat @ 30.0°W from my 96.4°W site longitude position just fine, but cannot go further than that. Hispasat 1C/1D are both 66.4° east of my longitudinal position.

The next limitation with a motorized system is USALS motor control. If using USALS, you may only drive your motor to a satellite which is ~59.5° east or west from your site's longitude.
Beyond that, you need to utilize DiSEqC 1.2 motor control to access the rest of the motor's range of motion/travel.

RADAR

Status
Please reply by conversation.

97W Ku channel count

captiveworks forum gone

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)