Status
Please reply by conversation.

Eastcoast

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 18, 2006
Newfoundland,Canada
Hi Guys

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to use to replace the 2 U bolts used to mount the SG2100 to the mounting pole, other that ordering some kind of replacement kit.Would stainless steel threaded rod bent to the right dimentions work?

Dave

should be able to find a close fit at a good hardware store ... there is a replacement kit something like $10

you could probably bend something like threadall but its probably weaker than a U type bolt

if it was me. i would tighten the u bolt snug, then drill the center of the u bolt bracket clamp and sink another (and it could be a self tapping) screw through the bracket into the mounting pole. this would keep a snuggle tightened motor from walking.

Thanks for the input George.

I have this problem because when I first got the motor some time back I mounted it on my chimney and in order to turn it to true south I had to cut short the u bolts on one side. Now I want to mount the motor on a 2 3/8 pole and the U bolts are short. I know you never asked but thats why I need replacements.

Dave

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)