SG2100 Motor with Bargain 6ft Dish?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You might try mounting a HH motor in an offset non-load bearing bracket and connect to drive the existing polar mount assembly with a one to one gear ratio. Might be an interesting project for bicycle chain and sprockets!

Now that would be VERY creative and VERY cool to see, but I believe the wind would still be a big factor, although the motor would not be supporting the dishes weight, it would still get the same punishment from the wind,

Last edited:
I am not only intrested on using USALS, it just that I want to experiment with something different, but from what I seen and read, this project is not going to happen.

Well if you are looking for a project here is what can be done if you really want to try ...
As mentioned above, it still works so I haven't modified bracket for 9120 but hopefully this summer.

Attachments

• post 9.jpg
    post 9.jpg
    278.6 KB · Views: 120
  • post 6.jpg
    post 6.jpg
    255.2 KB · Views: 115
  • post 4.jpg
    post 4.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 129
  • finishes.jpg
    finishes.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 130
  • 95.jpg
    95.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 125
  • 135a.jpg
    135a.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 146
  • 135.jpg
    135.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 112
Well if you are looking for a project here is what can be done if you really want to try ...
As mentioned above, it still works so I haven't modified bracket for 9120 but hopefully this summer.

mr3p, very nice pictures. I was thinking about something to that effect. After looking at those picture, my SG2100 motor looks too much under powered for the size of the "bargain" dish. It seems that the wind factor will be too much for the setup, specially down here in hurricane alley. It is still a good idea, but with a heavier different type of motor. I have not given up yet. Will check into the 9120.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Lookin' for a local dealer

Recording NTSC OTA on Visionsat IV200?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)