sg2100 motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

southtx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 17, 2007
If I buy the above mentioned motor and my south satellite is G25(IA-5) or AMC-4 which satellites will I be able to get. SG2100 mentions +70 on both sides, what does this mean. I have a 90cm Fortec dish and 1 kul LNB. I will have to roof mount due to many trees for ground set-up.

I'm at 98.25w at Canyon Lake, TX and get Hispasat@30w to the east to Galaxy 27@129.0w. I could go farther west, but there isn't any ku stuff in my range past 129.0w. I use Galaxy 16 for my true south. tp 24 12187v (scrambled, but good signal) Also my dish is on the roof with good los east & west. Hope this helps.

Well it depends on what longitude you're at

As an example, I am at 93.3W (Minneapolis, MN). My SG2100 can get from 148 (Dish 148) over to about 30 degrees or so before the dish hits the brace to keep the mast from moving.

So if you're at say 97 west you should be able to get most of that too as long as you have line of site.

The +-70 "claims" the motor can go 70 degrees off your true south either direction but I know that probably doesn't work. There isnt much east of 58W except for Hispasat at 30W which has Spanish & Arabic stuff (heckuva interesting combo)

So if you don't care about that, you can easily get 72-129 which are the far east & west KU satellites no problem (again, depending on line of site)

I am at 99.5w. Another question, when you zero south satellite on motor does it find the satellite by itself or do you have to move manually. What are the best satellites, so I don't have to search thru all of them. My line of site is southeast to west.

since you are at 99.5 you would use 99W as the true south. You have to aim the dish/motor at the satellite first (the true south one) then the rest fall into place :)

From SE to W would be the 72-129 I quoted above. You should have no issues getting those as long as the trees arent in the way :)

Thanks iceberg. I have manually picked up 123w and 97w but I am having trouble finding any others I hope the motor is a little easier. I also remember a link showing the most popular satellites forward by you but I can't seem to find it.

I have an sv1000 receiver. I am having trouble picking-up any satellites. kul1 is LNB setting as single and do I have to set Freq. to 10750. I only picked up 123w and 97w but I know there are more out there.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)