SG2100 will not work with a FORTEC STAR FC120CM dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Sounds like the motor is not receiving enough current or it is a defective motor. Try connecting a short length of coax between the receiver and the motor to test. How long is the coax? Any switches or splices?

A motor of this type has the capacity to move your dish. We have performed longterm testing on the GEOSATpro GS120 motor with a 1.2M composite dish (50+ lbs.) under real and simulated windloads with positive results. There is no need for counter weighting.

Contact Sadoun and I am sure that they can assist with this problem.

FYI ..... Digipower is a Moteck non-OEM distribution name.

I used to use the SM3D12 motor It too was rated for a 120cm dish.but the fine print said aluminum.
Reinhold.

SatelliteAV said:
Sounds like the motor is not receiving enough current or it is a defective motor. Try connecting a short length of coax between the receiver and the motor to test. How long is the coax? Any switches or splices?

A motor of this type has the capacity to move your dish. We have performed longterm testing on the GEOSATpro GS120 motor with a 1.2M composite dish (50+ lbs.) under real and simulated windloads with positive results. There is no need for counter weighting.

Contact Sadoun and I am sure that they can assist with this problem.

FYI ..... Digipower is a Moteck non-OEM distribution name.
I am outsise at the dish with a tv and receiver.The cable is not a problem.The fortec 120 cm dish is about 34 bs.The moteck Sg2100 will not move this dish.If i go to the bottom of the arch it won't come back.

Whether it says "Motec" of "digipower", both are only rated up to 27lbs.

Question is this: Did Sadoun sell you the 120cm and the SG2100 at the same time? If so, did you tell them that you intended to use the SG2100 for the 120cm? I

scottc98 said:
Whether it says "Motec" of "digipower", both are only rated up to 27lbs.

Question is this: Did Sadoun sell you the 120cm and the SG2100 at the same time? If so, did you tell them that you intended to use the SG2100 for the 120cm? I
The manual I have for the SG2100 doesn't give a lb spec it just states "Antenna size: 120cm max."

I also check the specs for the SG2100 at Moteck website and it give a "Weight : 19.4 kgs". The motor sure doesn't weigh that much but it doesn't state what the 19.4 is for, I'm guessing the dish weight.
A few replies up I attatched a pic of the spec sheet from Moteck site.

thiggin2 said:

The original question I believe was about the SG2100 bought from Sadoun. There are two links in this thread that point to Sadoun's advertisement.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Moteck/SG2100-Moteck-Digipower-hh-motor.htm

&

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Moteck/SG2100-Digipower-hh-motor.htm

Both "Digipower" and "motec" advertisements list up to 27lbs for the dish weight limitations.

Assume for a moment that the motor is indeed rated for 19.4kgs, then its not the motor that Sadoun is selling and I don't belive that they are selling a immitation product.

The fact is that Sadoun is only "approving" 27lbs max. If you has a 120cm that is under 27lbs and its not working, then there is a agrument. Otherwise, the original poster, including myself, are going to just have to move past the oversight and buy a HH120 or go non-motorized for the Fortec 120cm

scottc98 said:
The original question I believe was about the SG2100 bought from Sadoun. There are two links in this thread that point to Sadoun's advertisement.

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Moteck/SG2100-Moteck-Digipower-hh-motor.htm

&

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/Moteck/SG2100-Digipower-hh-motor.htm

Both "Digipower" and "motec" advertisements list up to 27lbs for the dish weight limitations.

Assume for a moment that the motor is indeed rated for 19.4kgs, then its not the motor that Sadoun is selling and I don't belive that they are selling a immitation product.

The fact is that Sadoun is only "approving" 27lbs max. If you has a 120cm that is under 27lbs and its not working, then there is a agrument. Otherwise, the original poster, including myself, are going to just have to move past the oversight and buy a HH120 or go non-motorized for the Fortec 120cm
It does not say on sadoun site that you have to use the stab hh 120 motor with the fortec 120 cm dish.If that was on his website i would have bought the stab 120 motor.I don't think anyone is accusing sadoun of selling a clone motor.

Well after looking at that spec sheet again the 19.4 kgs that it gives is for the total weight of the package with 6 motors(weight/ctn:19.4kgs), which each carton contains 6 motor(packing:6/ctn). Sorry, I guess I just needed a good night sleep to be able to read correctly :D .

I checked alot of other sites that sell the SG2100 and none of them give a spec in lbs they only state the size(1.2 max). I just think if the motor cant handle ALL 1.2 dishes they should specify that alot better then they(all sellers) do

Hi Guys

Just to clarify, the manufacturing company Moteck makes a couple of HH motor models:

1- Moteck SG2100 (here they used the company name with the model # - imported, sold, and serviced by DMSI)

&

2- Digipower SG2100 (only the one with a Sadoun label is imported, sold, and serviced by Sadoun)

The above two motors have exactly the same specs. They are genuine, designed and produced by the same company. They differ slightly in design.

Some clones (not produced by Moteck), are available in the market, but not from us.

To make it clear, we have updated our website.

Sadoun,

Here is another one you need to correct

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/SATCONTROL/SaTracer-3SW-SM3D22-Satcontrol-HH-diseqc-MOTOR.htm

On that page, you list the SM3D22 rated at 27lbs, but you state that it will work for a Fortec 120cm dish. The 120cm weighs over 31lbs so your advertisement is sort of misleading.

I believe that it is the same statement when you sold your SM3D12, which I know for a fact doesn't work on a fortec 120cm (even though I was told in person that it would!)

Last edited:
Oops, thanks for the correction. It should have said 100cm dish (notice the 100cm was not listed). It is done :)

I have measured the weight on the Fortec 100cm dish. It is 23.5 lbs for the dish reflector and hardware (everything that mounts on the HH Motor except the LNBF and cable).

The Fortec 120cm dish weighs 31 lbs for the dish reflector and hardware (everything that mounts on an HH Motor except the LNBF and cable).

Excellent!!

Can I make one more sugestion?

On the link for the 120cm dish:

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/...nch-offset-ku-band-satellite-dish-antenna.htm

There is a statement on this page that lists the following:

"Excellent quality large dish for motorized or fixed KU-Band reception. Will mount on 2 or 3 inch pole or any HH motor."

The HH motor portion is a hyperlink to all of your motors. Can you update that page to state that the HH120 is the only motor supported for this dish from Sadoun (or something like that)?

Also. can you place that in BOLD and possibly list the dish weight clearly?

Thanks!

(By the way.....is your HH120's going on sale soon :) )

Yes a Moteck sg 2100 wikk work with a Fortec Star FC120CM dish but...

Hi Guys!

I am adding this comment to this thread for whoever it might be of help to.
I have a FC120CM dish and a Moteck SG 2100 motor. I mounted it last spring as recommend by Cascade and was pleased with my results. However, I was concerned with the strain on the motor and found I had similar problems mentioned at the beginning of this thread. Not wanting to burn up my motor I tried to modify my dish setup by trying the neat modification to a Primestar dish mentioned on another thread. After about three months I can say it worked. If I could do it all over again I problably would buy the heavier duty motor but, I like to tinker. My amateur radio heritage I guess. This is what I did. First, the key is to eliminate as much weight of the antenna you can. Using the Primestar modification as a guide I eliminated the "AZ / EL Mount Bracket" on the FC120CM dish and I substituted 3 U clams bolted directly to the dish bracket on the back of the dish. I assembled everything together except the antenna's bowl on the ground and mounted it as one piece. Using my compas I did my measurements and only after that did I mount the bowl to the rest of the antenna. It was much easier to do it this was than the conventional way. Like the Primestar thread the elevation bolts have to be real tight to hold. The BSC 621 LNB I have on it works now works very well. I hopes this is of help to someone. Have a nice day.

BubahJim

BubahJim said:
Hi Guys!

I am adding this comment to this thread for whoever it might be of help to.
I have a FC120CM dish and a Moteck SG 2100 motor. I mounted it last spring as recommend by Cascade and was pleased with my results. However, I was concerned with the strain on the motor and found I had similar problems mentioned at the beginning of this thread. Not wanting to burn up my motor I tried to modify my dish setup by trying the neat modification to a Primestar dish mentioned on another thread. After about three months I can say it worked. If I could do it all over again I problably would buy the heavier duty motor but, I like to tinker. My amateur radio heritage I guess. This is what I did. First, the key is to eliminate as much weight of the antenna you can. Using the Primestar modification as a guide I eliminated the "AZ / EL Mount Bracket" on the FC120CM dish and I substituted 3 U clams bolted directly to the dish bracket on the back of the dish. I assembled everything together except the antenna's bowl on the ground and mounted it as one piece. Using my compas I did my measurements and only after that did I mount the bowl to the rest of the antenna. It was much easier to do it this was than the conventional way. Like the Primestar thread the elevation bolts have to be real tight to hold. The BSC 621 LNB I have on it works now works very well. I hopes this is of help to someone. Have a nice day.

BubahJim

How much does the "AZ / EL Mount Bracket" on the FC120CM dish weigh? Sadoun states that the dish and hardware weights 31 lbs. if the AZ / EL Mount Bracket can take off 4+ lbs, then some of these other motors might work out.

Saving the best for last. To add to my last comments thankyou to both PipeDream and Ziplock for ther ideas and the creativity.

BubahJim

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)