SG9120B shaft

Status
Please reply by conversation.

markbone100

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 15, 2011
IL
I am in need of a new shaft for the motor above. The one I have was too small diameter wise and while trying to tighten a bolt to it, the shaft literally broke in three pieces.

What size is the one that matches 2 3/8" OD pipe? 55mm?

I don't believe that the SG9120B shaft can be exchanged to a larger one. You probably could contact the distributor and buy a replacement of the same diameter. I have heard of these breaking before....

Shoot. The shaft I need is to fit a primestar dish, which requires a mast of 2 3/8". I didnt know this until after I received the motor and seen it was too small. Dont plan on spending another $60 for a different motor

Last edited:
pictures of your motors shaft would be helpful. I have both the shafts that go to the sg2100 ( i think they are 42 & 50 )
don't know what shaft the SG9120B takes. thejaff in post # 66 had a great idea of combining a directv dish mount to a primestar dish
of course after looking at all of the brackets they all look good and should work. mine is a basic one filp the primestar bracket and sleeve it with some pvc and mount it to the motor shaft.

I ended up using a piece of pvc to go inside the primestar mount, a smaller diameter piece will go inside that and both will be glued together. The smaller piece is the same diameter of the shaft, so I cut a slit down the length of it and once stretched open, it fits and holds snug over the motor shaft.

I did learn the motor accepts USALS commands through a 22K switch and an 8 port diseqc switch

the shafts on the SG9120 and SG9120B are NOT interchangeable, they mount differently, that is why they sell two different versions of the motor

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts