What happened to my motor shaft?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hicks107

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2010
ny
I haven't used this SG6000 in awhile and when I when to get it from the back yard the shaft was all the way to the left. I tried to zero it out but I was hitting the hardware limit sensors. Intrigued I opened the motor up and see that the gear is off by about 90 degrees. That is, the shaft is to the left 90 degrees when the gear is centered. This is making it impossible to use. I cant figure out what happened or how it got like this. Any tips?
IMG_4070.JPG
IMG_4069.JPG
IMG_4068.JPG

I haven't used this SG6000 in awhile and when I when to get it from the back yard the shaft was all the way to the left. I tried to zero it out but I was hitting the hardware limit sensors. Intrigued I opened the motor up and see that the gear is off by about 90 degrees. That is, the shaft is to the left 90 degrees when the gear is centered. This is making it impossible to use. I cant figure out what happened or how it got like this. Any tips?
I use a STAB rotor so I don't know anything about the SG6000. This may be way off base, but considering Halloween was just a week ago, is it possible someone loosened it and retightened the shaft in a different position, maybe for a prank?

What does hold the gear to the shaft? A pin or spline? Does the shaft move inside the gear?
Can the gear be removed and placed back onto shaft in the proper position? One would think it would take a lot of force to cause the gear to slip like that, enough that the gears on the plastic sector gear would strip instead of moving on the shaft... but I don't have one of these motors either so I don't really know how it is assembled.

Interesting no less...

Between the SG2100, and SG6000 I've went through probably five in six years. I've never bothered opening one to see what went wrong. I just figure its another piece of
foreign junk we've paid good money for lol.

Same thing happened to my SG6000 a while back and it ended up being something with the 0 reference point sensor inside the unit.

The sensor was either dirty or loose, don't remember as it was a while back but by opening up the unit, cleaning and re seating the sensor, I was manually able to move the motor back to 0 position.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)