Shady Mover's Deal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

celticben

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
My year one discounts dropped and my bill rocketed up $60 two months ago. I called in last month to see if they could offer an additional deal or I was going to eat the cancellation fee and jump to Dish.

The rep set me up with free HBO and $47 off for a year. She said I'd have a new 12 month contract overriding the remaining 10 months on the old contract. Sounded good to me.

Three days later, I got a call confirming my installation appointment. A few hours later, a service tech showed up at the house. I wasn't home so he called. The rep set me up with the mover's deal. I told the guy I didn't move and the service works fine. He said ok and that was it.

Last night, I got my bill. The programming changes I made and the HBO discount were there but the $47 off was not.

I called this morning. I was advised the rep set up an invalid mover's deal. They gave me $50 on the spot to make up last month's bill. A supervisor is supposed to call me back within 2 weeks to discuss the matter.

Has this happened to anyone else? The way I see it, they are going to either honor the deal I agreed to or they can cancel the service.

I'm confused. You were going to get $47 off, but got $50 instead and you aren't happy?

He was supposed to get $47 off per month for a year and only received a one time $50 credit.
Could be, but that's not what his post says. Besides, $47/month discount after one year is pretty much unheard of.

The $50 was a one time credit. The rep signed me up for the mover's deal but I didn't move so they said it was invalid.

A supervisor is going to call me back to discuss the issue after they review it.

The issue is that I negotiated a new deal and now they say it is invalid.

The $50 was a one time credit. The rep signed me up for the mover's deal but I didn't move so they said it was invalid.

A supervisor is going to call me back to discuss the issue after they review it.

The issue is that I negotiated a new deal and now they say it is invalid.
sounds like a "fraud attempt" on someones part

I'm sure this isn't the first time the rep tried this or was told by a co-worker how to circumvent the system. The calls are recorded so I'm sure she may get canned over it.

I asked how much it would cost to buy out the remaining months on my contract. I advised her I could get a 2 year price lock on Dish with comparable programming for $100 a month.

The rep offered me a $47 monthly discount If I agreed to a new one year contract. I guess the only way she could get close to matching the Dish price was be setting up a phantom Mover's Deal.

if you dont like the full price, dont get the service.
never depend on discounts.

that said. i looked at moving to dish, my price would have went up

Reactions: al
I asked how much it would cost to buy out the remaining months on my contract. I advised her I could get a 2 year price lock on Dish with comparable programming for $100 a month.

The rep offered me a $47 monthly discount If I agreed to a new one year contract. I guess the only way she could get close to matching the Dish price was be setting up a phantom Mover's Deal.
The Movers deal is a legit deal, just not that particular one.
I haven't used it so I don't know the current details.

Just don't want people to start thinking that the Movers deal is bogus.

The Movers deal is a legit deal, just not that particular one.
I haven't used it so I don't know the current details.

Just don't want people to start thinking that the Movers deal is bogus.
I always thought you had to actually move to get it

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Update.... A rep called me back today. They are giving me $50 off for 12 months which is better than the $47 I was offered under the Mover's Deal. Works out pretty good for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts