Shady Mover's Deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

celticben

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 5, 2008
My year one discounts dropped and my bill rocketed up $60 two months ago. I called in last month to see if they could offer an additional deal or I was going to eat the cancellation fee and jump to Dish.

The rep set me up with free HBO and $47 off for a year. She said I'd have a new 12 month contract overriding the remaining 10 months on the old contract. Sounded good to me.

Three days later, I got a call confirming my installation appointment. A few hours later, a service tech showed up at the house. I wasn't home so he called. The rep set me up with the mover's deal. I told the guy I didn't move and the service works fine. He said ok and that was it.

Last night, I got my bill. The programming changes I made and the HBO discount were there but the $47 off was not.

I called this morning. I was advised the rep set up an invalid mover's deal. They gave me $50 on the spot to make up last month's bill. A supervisor is supposed to call me back within 2 weeks to discuss the matter.

Has this happened to anyone else? The way I see it, they are going to either honor the deal I agreed to or they can cancel the service.

I'm confused. You were going to get $47 off, but got $50 instead and you aren't happy?

He was supposed to get $47 off per month for a year and only received a one time $50 credit.
Could be, but that's not what his post says. Besides, $47/month discount after one year is pretty much unheard of.

The $50 was a one time credit. The rep signed me up for the mover's deal but I didn't move so they said it was invalid.

A supervisor is going to call me back to discuss the issue after they review it.

The issue is that I negotiated a new deal and now they say it is invalid.

The $50 was a one time credit. The rep signed me up for the mover's deal but I didn't move so they said it was invalid.

A supervisor is going to call me back to discuss the issue after they review it.

The issue is that I negotiated a new deal and now they say it is invalid.
sounds like a "fraud attempt" on someones part

I'm sure this isn't the first time the rep tried this or was told by a co-worker how to circumvent the system. The calls are recorded so I'm sure she may get canned over it.

I asked how much it would cost to buy out the remaining months on my contract. I advised her I could get a 2 year price lock on Dish with comparable programming for $100 a month.

The rep offered me a $47 monthly discount If I agreed to a new one year contract. I guess the only way she could get close to matching the Dish price was be setting up a phantom Mover's Deal.

if you dont like the full price, dont get the service.
never depend on discounts.

that said. i looked at moving to dish, my price would have went up

Reactions: al
I asked how much it would cost to buy out the remaining months on my contract. I advised her I could get a 2 year price lock on Dish with comparable programming for $100 a month.

The rep offered me a $47 monthly discount If I agreed to a new one year contract. I guess the only way she could get close to matching the Dish price was be setting up a phantom Mover's Deal.
The Movers deal is a legit deal, just not that particular one.
I haven't used it so I don't know the current details.

Just don't want people to start thinking that the Movers deal is bogus.

The Movers deal is a legit deal, just not that particular one.
I haven't used it so I don't know the current details.

Just don't want people to start thinking that the Movers deal is bogus.
I always thought you had to actually move to get it

Sent from my SM-G920V using the SatelliteGuys app!

Update.... A rep called me back today. They are giving me $50 off for 12 months which is better than the $47 I was offered under the Mover's Deal. Works out pretty good for me.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)