Shaq to be traded to Suns

deal is done according to the associated press.

espn.com columnist wrote the suns got interested when they heard the mavs were in serious discussions with the heat.

i think the suns will regret this.

On the contrary....I think this trade is gonna rejuvenate Shaq...at least for the next couple of years. I heard something this morning that was so true. When the Lakers of the 80s had the run-n-gun team, the idea was score fast down the court with 4 asap....if they couldn't do that...wait about 7-10 seconds and then run the half court offense with Kareem. I think that is exactly what they will do. Right now, there is no "team to beat" in the West.....a bunch of VERY good teams(Lakers, Suns, Dallas and San Antonio) and a bunch of good teams(Utah, New Orleans, Portland, Houston, Golden State, Denver) ALL clawin' and scratchin for 8 spots. This years playoffs are gonna be fun.;)

On the contrary....I think this trade is gonna rejuvenate Shaq...at least for the next couple of years. I heard something this morning that was so true. When the Lakers of the 80s had the run-n-gun team, the idea was score fast down the court with 4 asap....if they couldn't do that...wait about 7-10 seconds and then run the half court offense with Kareem. I think that is exactly what they will do. Right now, there is no "team to beat" in the West.....a bunch of VERY good teams(Lakers, Suns, Dallas and San Antonio) and a bunch of good teams(Utah, New Orleans, Portland, Houston, Golden State, Denver) ALL clawin' and scratchin for 8 spots. This years playoffs are gonna be fun.;)

Didn't San Antonio win the championship last season. I have alway thought the champs are always the team to beat when the playoffs arrive.

Didn't San Antonio win the championship last season. I have alway thought the champs are always the team to beat when the playoffs arrive.

Yes...to a certain extent, I agree with that thinking....but what I am trying to say is there is no clear cut "better team" in the West. In the East, it has been Detroit and Boston and a bunch of good teams....

The Lakers held their own against the Pistons just last week, losing by 1 point, and the Pistons had their whole team together while the Lakers didn't..

The "new and improved" Lakers will give the Pistons matchup problems. Gasol's quickness would be a major problem, especially since it would be tough to provide weakside help without leaving Kobe open. They might be the team to beat now that the Suns have shifted game plans.

The "new and improved" Lakers will give the Pistons matchup problems. Gasol's quickness would be a major problem, especially since it would be tough to provide weakside help without leaving Kobe open. They might be the team to beat now that the Suns have shifted game plans.

I doubt that have changed game plans.....

At first, I thought this trade made no sense. An aging Shaq into a run and gun offense? But now I don't know. It seems like Steve was thinking about needing someone to play against the Tim Duncan's of the world come play-off time. I'm skeptical, but we'll see how it works out.

They should have just installed a large block of stone at the opponent's basket. One that could be moved when teams switch sides.

At first, I thought this trade made no sense. An aging Shaq into a run and gun offense? But now I don't know. It seems like Steve was thinking about needing someone to play against the Tim Duncan's of the world come play-off time. I'm skeptical, but we'll see how it works out.

If you look at matchups Lakers are ahead against the Suns right now. Bynum can give Shaq problems with his quickness. Pau and Amare will a good matchup but I still favor Lakers, Odom can beat Hill in the post or isolation, Kobe can take on anyone against the Suns. And so far Derek Fisher has held his own against Nash. And I obviously favor LA's bench over Phoenix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts