Share your Dish Network Wiring diagrams!

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
I dunno why, but I got bored and decided to draw up a diagram :)

Here's mine. Anyone care to show off theirs too? :D

Ok here is mine. It's not as clean as yours but it's readable. I'm getting a 811 for one of the 311s on Sat. so I will need to change it.

Just edited it to reflect the changes I'm making this weekend.

Attachments

• Current Satellite Configuration 2.jpg
    Current Satellite Configuration 2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 9,128
Well, its 1am, and i dont feel like doing it any better (ie yours rocked!)

(wow, this does really blow, but im no artist, and it gets the point accross!)

Attachments

• cjpc.JPG
    cjpc.JPG
    11 KB · Views: 5,891
Looking good so far :D

I was tempted to make it a diagram/setups thread, but I was kinda lazy to take pics of all the said TVs. Might be notable that the first 322 has a pretty bright blue LED and the 2nd has a pretty but darker LED heheh.

If ya feel like posting your "setup" as well as your diagram, feel free to :)

A Picture is worth 1000 wires

I'm waiting for my house to be built. In the meantime, I'm in a rental. I buried an old spool from RG6 cable in the ground, mounted the dish onto it then ran the cable to the garage through a vent. The mount has sustained winds of 30 mph without budging. I backfeed the receivers into the house to two tvs with a UHF modulator. I have a UHF transmitter for my daughter's 721 and a RatShack 2.4 GHZ Video Sender for my boy's 508. Not pretty, but, no holes drilled and...it works...

From Dish 500 to DP34
DP 34 Feeds 2 721s and cascades to another DP34
DP 34 Feeds 508, 811 and 510

UHF Mod Broadcasts 721, 811, 510
UHF Transmitter Broadcasts 721
Video Sender for 508.

Attachments

• spaghetti.jpg
    spaghetti.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 2,705
Eh I might draw up a diagram in a bit although it's nothing fancy. Just a pair of dishes hooked into a DP34 which is then routed to a pair of 510s. My PC network would be a far more impressive diagram. Three Windows XP clients, Xbox & PS2 wired in, one Linux print/fileserver (for HP laser printer), one Windows 2000 Primary Domain Controller, 3 routers (2 wired one for VoIP & 1 wireless) and a 16 port 10/100 switch.

The timing of this thread was too coincidental to pass up! Just two weeks ago I spent the entire weekend rewiring my house. By doing so I was able to drop a 301 off my acct to save $5/mo. But the REAL reason is that since I have 2 510's, the wife and I are getting frustrated with the separation of the 510 hard drives. You dual-tuner DVR owners have it nice! I know I could lease a 522, and save $10 by doing so, but I'm kinda waiting to see what Dish is doing w/ MPEG4 before I get yet ANOTHER new receiver from them. So, without having to spend ANY money, the diagram represents my new setup.

I remembered a program I used to use called Smart Draw, and downloaded a trial copy of the current version to help make sense of it all. Ended up making and/or borrowing the images, instead of using the TONS of images that came with that program. By the way, Smart Draw is a very powerful tool!

Before you look at the diagram, I have to say that the setup does in fact work! Need to do something about a couple of the splitter-fed TV's though, a little grainy, but I'll work on that another day!

Attachments

• HomeDiag.jpg
    HomeDiag.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 4,870
Nifty :)

On the network topic: The more diagrams the merrier :D I was thinking about a network one too, but I'll think about that, maybe tomorrow I'll post one too! The setup pics are far more entertaining though...

Here's the setup I have in the new house I just renovated. Dropped new RG-6 runs to everyroom. Now I just need more reciever's and TV's for each room :D

Attachments

• setup.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 1,563
I can't draw like you guys, so picture this:

4 security cams into combiner #1
ota antenna and combiner #1 into combiner #2
105 super into 2 dp 34's for 1 522, 2 510's, 1 322, and 1 311
output from combiner #2 into an amp, then into 8 way splitter
outputs from splitter diplexed into lines to receivers
tv2 from 322 is also diplexed back out and combined with security cams and antenna to feed tv2

This was NOT my own house unfortunately. Took me 8 hours to get this done last year, think it exceeded the free standard installation? It was worth it though, 200 dollar tip! The customer calls me directly anytime he needs anything and kicks me a Franklin whenever I need to go back and do anything, move a box, reprogram a remote etc.

bweiteka, here's my shot at the diagram :D Took me ages in photoshop lol.

(click to enlarge)

Admittedly it was .. well... at least you can have fun showing that off :D

Hope it's right lol.

WOW! Awesome job there OotLink. Looks good, except no 2nd diplexor on 522, and 2nd line on 322 should actually be reversed 2-way splitter instead of diplexor. But thanks tons for that diagram. Still makes my head spin looking at it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts