Shared view and wireless adapter for connection?

tarq476

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 16, 2007
Hi everyone,

Just had my install today and I've come up with a few questions, I'm sure I'll think of a few more over the coming weeks. Any help would be appreciated.

1. If I link 2 tvs to a 722k, can they both receive HD if I keep them on Shared View and they always have the same picture on them. I don't think this is possible, but I didn't find it explicitly in the manual. We rarely watch these TVs at the same time and it would be nice to share a dvr between them. As it is, I have a 722k in one room and a 222k in the other.

2. Has anyone connected a receiver to your home network using a wireless adapter? I can't find any answers about this on the site, but there's no way I can connect my receiver to ethernet. Am I stuck with phone line forever?

Thanks for any insight.

Adam

I have my 722K connected to my main TV with the HDMI conection and to another TV with a 100' componant cable along with audio. I can view good quality HD on both sets at the same time with the limit being they are seeing the same programming. I have my HDMI split with a HDMI splitter from Monoprice and have a third small TV in my office capable of seeing the HD signal, again with the same limitations. I have a coax that feeds the SD to these same TV's and this alows for tuner 2 to be viewed with difforent programing than the main tv, just not in HD

Your ??? about the wireless is one I have also. Will a wireless network gaming port work? Have searched with limited difinative results on that question

Added
Here is thetHDMI splitter I use

For only $84.50 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 1X4 PRO Series Powered HDMI Splitter (1.3b ATC Certified) | HDMI Active/Powered Splitter

49221.jpg

1. TV1 outputs are the only HD outputs a 722K has. That said, you can indeed connect up one set via HDMI and another via component, since everything is active simultaneously. You cannot get HD out of TV2 composite or RF outputs, period. Playback of HD programs will be downconverted.

2. Yes. Dish of course recommends the SlingLink Turbo for their HomePlug adapter. But I myself use an Asus WL-330gE Wireless Access Point.

I have my 722K connected to my main TV with the HDMI conection and to another TV with a 100' componant cable along with audio. I can view good quality HD on both sets at the same time with the limit being they are seeing the same programming. I have my HDMI split with a HDMI splitter from Monoprice and have a third small TV in my office capable of seeing the HD signal, again with the same limitations. I have a coax that feeds the SD to these same TV's and this alows for tuner 2 to be viewed with difforent programing than the main tv, just not in HD

Thanks, that would be a good plan. Do you have the 100' component running through the walls or through your house? My 2nd hd is on the 2nd floor of my house, so I don't think I'm savvy enough to run that through the wall.

2. Yes. Dish of course recommends the SlingLink Turbo for their HomePlug adapter. But I myself use an Asus WL-330gE Wireless Access Point.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, will it work through the usb port or does it have to be through ethernet?

Thanks, will it work through the usb port or does it have to be through ethernet?
Only through the Ethernet jack for my Asus and I presume other adapters including the gaming adapter mentioned above, or only through the power cord in the case of the HomePlug adapters. No USB network dongles are supported.

Thanks, that would be a good plan. Do you have the 100' component running through the walls or through your house? My 2nd hd is on the 2nd floor of my house, so I don't think I'm savvy enough to run that through the wall.

My componant cable runs through the wall part of the way and above a drop ceiling in the basement for about 2/3 of the run. Was some work to put in but not that bad.

If you haven't set up a wireless network before and don't have anyone that can help you set it up, I would highly recommend looking at a HomePlug Powerline adapter. The Netgear XE102 was plug and play for me, with no configuration. I picked it up at Fry's (frys.com) for $39.99.

You run one Cat5 Ethernet cable from the PowerLine adapter to your DSL or Cable router. Then reset the connection on the 722 receiver and you are good to go. If you have any questions let me know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)