Sharing material on different DVR's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

curtishd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 28, 2006
Is there anyway to put a recorded show on a DVR onto a different DVR or share it between the DVR's?

At this time short answer, no. But if you check out the CE (beta) programs there is MRV and Direct2PC which may satisfy your needs.

The HR22 has a built in DLNA server, and I hope the ViP 922 will too. That theoretically would allow you to stream video to a PS3, for example. It won't, however, let 2 DVRs share recordings or other resources.

Can you use an external HDD to record on one DVR then move it to another DVR to watch it? Or is there some security coding specific to each DVR

MPAA lawyers say that it's too risky. That'll change some day, but don't hold your breath.

You can already stream to your PC and also testing has begun on streaming to other Non-DVR receivers so I guess people don't have to hold their breath for long.

Can you use an external HDD to record on one DVR then move it to another DVR to watch it? Or is there some security coding specific to each DVR

No, you can't move an external harddrive from one DVR to another, it's married to the one box.

I have been waiting for this feature to be released to all HR2x models before getting an external hard drive... Hopefully we won't have to wait much longer.

The HR22 has a built in DLNA server, and I hope the ViP 922 will too. That theoretically would allow you to stream video to a PS3, for example. It won't, however, let 2 DVRs share recordings or other resources.

I have a PS3. How can I make the HR22 stream movies to my PS3? Please explain.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts