Sharing Our Dish Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

56Nomad

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 30, 2006
We do quite a bit of camping with our RV and once in a while one of our Dish Network neighbors can't get reception as they've parked their rig under a large tree or just can't dial their dish in. I'm curious…….. if they have a Dish Network receiver, could I hook their receiver into my dish with either of these connections?

xxxxx-1.jpg

You have Dish Pro Plus so as long as there is 1 DP receiver connected it will work with Legacy receivers, A check switch will need to be run on any receiver connected so it knows how to operate.

what they're doing isnt stacking. Heck my neighbor at the townhouse complex this past winter had a line for his Directv system be bad and with 3 feet of snow on the ground I wasnt running a new cable. I just tapped into my dish and he was fine

He pays his bill....I pay mine :)

This wouldn't be considered stacking?

NO. As long as each "household" or in this case, RV owner/family has theri own account, Dish doesn't care what the set-up is. Account Stacking is when you split a single ACCOUNT across more than one "household" or physical address.

So, the OP can allow his neighbors to connect to and share is his DishPro Quad LNBF and reflector, just as long as those neighbors have their own account.

you may want to watch out for grounding issues
If one rv has a better groung then the other then current could backflow through the cable /dish to the other (this may only happen when there is a temperary fault)
This issue happened to me when I installed a system at a house and put one recievers in the guy's detached workshop
turned out the shop had its own power meter
I seperated the systems by installing a second dish for the shop

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)