Sharp 70 inch LCD

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Purchased a sharp TV today, will be delivered tomorrow, have not had a sharp before but was a good price for a 70, reviews seemed to be good

Purchased LC-70LE65OU-70 inch tv will give a review in a bit :)

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

No it isnt .... We had extended the warranty to 2 years but they never let us know it was expiring so we missed out on renewing it. My son looked for repair parts but the one he needed could not be found so instead of paying to have it repaired he put the money toward a new one but he decided he would not go plasma again. He is happy with his new set.

I purchased a extended warranty, not crazy about it. But I know one repair can pay if. And it's one of those things where I get a credit if it's not used

An update on his tv........ The repairman will be here tomorrow. It took a week and a half to get the appointment. :)
First the tv shut itself off and the lights on the front looked like they were flashing sos. He called and a person had him reset the tv which lasted about a day and then it started to repeatedly reboot itself. He unlugged it for a bit and it was on for a while before it started doing it again. Called service back with reference # from first call but they had not made any notes so he had to start all over again. Ended up having to talk to a supervisor to get it all straight. I hope it is a freak thing and once it is repaired there are no more issues.