Sharp LC-80LE844 User Review

Hehe.

I had dinner with some co-workers tonight, and of course we talked about the new sub ;)

One of em is getting ready to add an 80" sharp to his room for football.

Finally got it calibrated. What an adventure. Looks terrific. Now I just wish there was an ISF mode for 3D. One thing I did notice was it looks much better in standard than enhanced in the color gamut range.

S~

New firmware out today:

This firmware adds Facebook, Twitter, Pandora, Flickr, Picasa, Rhapsody as well as several new games to the Smart Central Apps.

This firmware also contains all previous fixes and enhancements.

Version: 407U1212101

Date: 12/19/2012

S~

I love this TV since the calibration.

I may try these picture setting on new sharp 70 I got yesterday

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

You might check over at AVS in the 650 thread or calibration thread to see if there are settings for your set. I wasn't that pleased with my initial settings and finally got it calibrated. Huge difference.

S~

You might check over at AVS in the 650 thread or calibration thread to see if there are settings for your set. I wasn't that pleased with my initial settings and finally got it calibrated. Huge difference.

S~

Thanks for the info, will do, I haven't had the TV yet for a day, so I am still working on the "right" picture for me :) I am guessing you did the calibrating yourself with the menu options?

So far so good overall for me with the TV, my first sharp :)

A longtime acquaintance and I did an ISF calibration in ISF modes for day and night. The original settings were from an 844 review. I didn't care for them and they were off (way off).

S~

Thats the problem, other than having a THX mode (only accuracy in that mode are the color points) the tv's just arent close from the factory.

Im 100% sold on finding and keeping up with a reliable calibrator in your area.

Thats the problem, other than having a THX mode (only accuracy in that mode are the color points) the tv's just arent close from the factory. Im 100% sold on finding and keeping up with a reliable calibrator in your area.

Thanks after the holiday season will look for one!

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Well getting close to two years. I finally got around to hanging it on the wall. I figure it'll be at least a year before I get an UHD set for the family room. Installed the electrical behind the set, and ran the HDMI and component cables through the wall. I'm too tired to set everything else up. Job for tomorrow. Ignore the wires running down the wall from the ceiling. My next job is to get some crown molding for running wires and then run it through the wall when it gets to the other side. Ignore the ad on the tv. Not a spam advertisement. I definitely don't need a diet.

S~

Attachments

• 844 In Progress.jpg
    844 In Progress.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
The Prestiges will fit nicely next to and underneath the TV. I heard that they will be available in February.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)