Shaw Direct 2nd Receiver & Setup

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
My sister and husband currently have Shaw Direct and want to purchase a 2nd Receiver and Dish for their Cottage which is allowed under their Shaw contract. They have an HD package. Shaw wants big bucks to go out and install the 2nd Receiver and Dish. Is there a recommended Dish, LNB, and Receiver to do this? And is there a setup procedure for the Shaw Dish and LNB? I currently have a Trimax Meter which I have used to set up my 3 ft and 12 ft Dishes, would it be a matter of setting it up for Shaw's Satellites, ie are they Anik F1? Any replies would be very much appreciated.

The latest dish is the 60E with quad lnb. For a receiver, they can go with the DSR600 which is HD and a simpler version of the 605. Installing and aiming the dish is easy. I just followed the manual that came with the dish for elevation and skew and used the receiver to aim.

The latest dish is the 60E with quad lnb. For a receiver, they can go with the DSR600 which is HD and a simpler version of the 605. Installing and aiming the dish is easy. I just followed the manual that came with the dish for elevation and skew and used the receiver to aim.

Well that was a major dissappointment, picked up the 630 HD Receiver today and opened up the Manual & discovered absolutely NOTHING in it re Installation. Not one mention of the Satellites involved or Setup - just Contact your Shaw Provider re Installation!! Can't understand why there is no mention re installation or setup in the manual like there was in my Bell Setup. Can anyone please help, near as I can see re lyngsat Shaw's Satellites are 107.0W & 111.0W?

Thanks a lot Peano great document noticed that even the Dish Elevation & Skew info is there, but I also used satcalculator.net to verify. Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)