SW44 Question

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
Does it matter how far away from the switch the power inserter is placed?

It would be easiest for me to place the power inserter at the receiver, is this acceptable?

So I would have about a 4-6 foot cable out of the receiver, then the power inserter, then about a 75 foot cable run to the switch/dish outside,

Would that be okay?

I don't think that would be a problem. The idea of using inserters is to have the power source far from the device for convenience. The only way to know for sure would be to test it.

I moved this to the Canadian forum since I know you have a Bell system

back to the question...the switch can be anywhere within 100 feet of the power inserter. Legacy setups (this is considered that) has a 100 foot max range
DishPro can go up to 200 feet

so yes the switch can be at the dishes and have a 75 foot run to the PI. My Directv setup requires a PI and its about 100 feet from the splitter.

thanks for the info ice....

i have chosen to go the route of the dpp twin lnb and seperator switch as was suggested in another thread....

i have chosen to go the route of the dpp twin lnb and seperator switch as was suggested in another thread....
Probably a wise decision, though we didn't know you had that choice available from the way the question was worded.

I started out with a legacy hookup in the beginning.
Then, maybe 8 years back (who keeps track?) I switched to DishPro.
For one thing, the switch test ran much faster, but it was also nice to be on the more recent technology.
Now, if I get HD, I'll pop on a Dish Pro Plus Twin as you've mentioned, and follow the same path.
Think that'd even get rid of my (super reliable, and long-running) DP-34 switch. - :up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts