Shaw Direct - Fox News changes

L A M E

so why cant folks pick if they want MSNBC or CNN in their package

and uh last I checked there is a great feature called "channel lock"....it works even on my 205 :)

L A M E indeed. Nobody complains when Rick Mercer makes disparaging comments about the US. But..... they are happy to take our money nonetheless!

I suspect this has more to do with the estimated 200% price increase that Fox is charging Shaw and all providers. If only 1/3 opt in, no increase in cost to Shaw.

I suspect that this is also a message to Canwest. Don't try this method in order to get out of your financial mess. Shaw will "optin" channels like Tropolis (which I wouldn't pay 2 cents for). Canwest would lose on both subscription payment and ad rates.

agreed...i posted something similar on another (Canadian) forum echoing these sentiments. I learned about it in an article in yesterday's Chicago Tribune.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...4585493.column

I didn't even think about the ramifications on other channels such as TVTropolis, which I barely watch. Could this signal the beginning of a la carte?

One difference, FoxNews has the ratings and active viewer-base to back up their demands. If CanWest said, "We are raising the rates of Tropolis" to providers, and providers threatened to drop the channel, I don't think there would be much of an uproar.

When a foreign channel insults your Nation there could be repercussion.

Not saying right or wrong......human nature.

Freedom Fries

Jeremy Clarkson insults the U.S. (among other countries) on Top Gear on BBC Canada all the time. I laugh. I don't demand that BBC Canada be deleted from my package. There is a lesson there somewhere.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)