Shaw Direct Signal Strength in the Florida Ft-Lauderdale area

ticoeur

Original poster
May 15, 2012
us
I would like to share my experience with other people enjoying Shaw Direct satellite TV in South Florida.I get a much stronger signal strength with Anik F1 compared to the one I get from Anik F2 and I would like to know if other subscribers get the same results.
I get a signal strength of 97% on SD channel 299(classic) for Anik 1 and 92% on SD channel 712(classic) for Anik 2 which indicate to me that both satellites are aimed correctly.
I am a hard core HD fan and most HD channels are much better on Anik 1.For example channels 259 History and 281 AMC (both classic line up) average 95% and channels 258 Oasis and 293 CTV 89%.
On the other hand all HD channels on Anik 2 are weaker averaging 74% to 84%. Is it normal ? If not, can anyone tell me if reception from Anik 2 can be improved in my area ?
On a technical note,are there stronger transponders and weaker ones ? For example transponder #7 which carries 4 HD channels (241,242,243, & 245 classics) on Anik 2 reach between 72% to 76% signal strength only .
The majority of HD channels are on Anik 2 the weaker satellite.I would greatly appreciate any help and/or info on how to get a better performance on Anik 2 in my area.
Thanks in advance!

Are you using a 75cm dish? Always tune your satellite with Anik 2 when your down south. Anik 1 has a stronger signal and it will be fine as along as your skew is right.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)