Shaw Direct: Sunday Ticket Centre Ice with standard-def TV?

Gnab Gib

Original poster
Mar 4, 2010
Metro Seattle
Kusat tells me I need a Shaw Direct MPEG-4 receiver to watch NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL Centre Ice. Will that be compatible with my standard-definition TV? I e-mailed the people at Kusat to ask this question, but sometimes getting an answer from them is like pulling teeth. :mad:

Thanks for your help.

what type of inputs does your TV have? If it is only coax, then you can only use the 600

Enhance your television viewing experience with the new Essential HD Receiver - Shaw Direct

Thanks for the input. I have coax and asked Kusat to send me a 600 series receiver. It's been a pain in a butt trying to get Sunday Ticket properly activated. I'm still not sure it'll work for this weekend's games -- all the Sunday Ticket channels say "you are not subscribed to this service." I called Kusat about it, and they said I'd just have to wait till Sunday to see whether the stations came on. Nice. Is it really that hard for someone to just tell me whether I should be seeing that notice on my screen or not?

the reason you get that screen is because right now those channels are being used for pay per view. one quick way to tell if you should be getting games on sunday on the 600 series receivers is to do the following:
Go to guide settings (Options - 7) and hide the unsubscribed channels. then, hit go back button. hit guide; if the sunday ticket channels are on your guide, then you should get them.

But like KUSat said, the ONLY way to know for sure is on Sunday at noon ET, when the sunday ticket channels show the pregame shows.

the reason you get that screen is because right now those channels are being used for pay per view. one quick way to tell if you should be getting games on sunday on the 600 series receivers is to do the following:
Go to guide settings (Options - 7) and hide the unsubscribed channels. then, hit go back button. hit guide; if the sunday ticket channels are on your guide, then you should get them.

But like KUSat said, the ONLY way to know for sure is on Sunday at noon ET, when the sunday ticket channels show the pregame shows.

Thank you for this. All I needed to know was a way to test and see whether I'd be getting the games. Your suggestion worked perfectly, and indeed I can view the games today. Thank you -- you gave me an answer in one brief message that Kusat couldn't give me after half a dozen e-mails and phone calls.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)