SHAW HD Channels

pdesc001

Original poster
Mar 28, 2009
Atlanta
I get the majority of the HD channels but I do not get the ones from 226 through 235 also 243 through 251. It says searching for signal. Lnb bad?

I am also getting a searching for signal on my HD channels, actually it appears to be for all signal from F1.

Beats me, yesterday afternoon everything was fine.

Sounds like there is something going on the other end.

Same here, however, non-HD signal has been showing up on HD channels. Something is going on at the other end. Thanks for posting!

Reactions: DJdish
I now have signal on 111w (after having none whatsoever).

Some of the HD channels are back, but not all of them,

That would appear to confirm, the problem is not at my end, but something's going on on the other end.

Will check in later to update on my status.

From Shaw Direct Facebook page:

Dear customers,

We thank you for visiting our Facebook page. Many of you are probably looking for an answer regarding a sudden loss of signal.

It seems like we are experiencing a nationwide signal issue on all of our channels located on our second satellite. Most affected channels are the French stations and most HD versions of English.

We are receiving a huge amount of reports on this matter from everywhere across the country.

We currently do not have any information as to what is causing this issue, but rest assured that it has been escalated and is being investigated.

We will do everything we can to reestablish the service as fast as we can.

In the meantime, we suggest that you try to use the SD versions of your channels, since *most* Standard Definition channels are located on our unaffected satellite.

Please note that you can also access most of your programming online for free on Free Range TV by clicking the following link:https://freerange.shaw.ca/

We thank you for your patience and understanding. We will keep you posted on the resolution!

The sat had to perform some emergency movements, they're still investigating and working on the issue.

They expect this to be taken care of on Monday around 11:30 AM (ET)

This evening at approximately 17:00 EDT Telesat’s Anik F2 satellite experienced a technical anomaly that resulted in loss of satellite services to its customers. Telesat is now undertaking to return the satellite to normal operations and will work to restore traffic in an orderly manner to minimize the impact to our customer networks. Telesat is in control of the satellite and all indications are that it is healthy. Although there can be no assurance, we expect it will be returned to service by noon EDT tomorrow (i.e., Monday, October 3, 2016).

http://www.financialbuzz.com/interruption-of-service-on-telesats-anik-f-satellite-572891

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)