shaw or bell in anchrage alaska?

pdcolemanjr

Original poster
Apr 3, 2011
Las Vegas
Hi ... My fiancé is a Canadian citizen with Canadian ID, but is now living with me full time here in Anchorage Alaska... I was wondering which of the two systems would give me a better setup here in terms of signal quality? She has a sister who subs bell and a brother who subs to shaw so she can tie into either address... My biggest hurdle is getting to understand which systems better and how I can get a dish up ? ( are there installers in AK that mount Canadian dishes and run cable?)...

Thank you for any input you can lend...

Shaw Direct using the same hardware setup as Hawaii - 2 X 1 meter Ku band dishes tied together with a 22 kz switch.

Get a 600 or 605 receiver as eventually all F1R/F2 signals will be MPEG4.

See Mike Kohl's site for additional info + dish pointing angles.

Account sharing is illegal - Setup a new account using the relative with Bell's address.

Last edited:
That was the plan.. if we went bell we would use the shaw address and vice versa... our programming interests vary too much from what either of the other family wants (I would load it up with Sports programming and no other family member cares to watch sports)..

Why I asked about Bell... is because the house we have currently has the Alaska sized Dish network dishes attached... so I was wondering if those that are aimed at 110 - 119.. could be reaimed to 81 / 90 in Anchorage and still get a good signal? That would be the easiest as I would not have to get anyone to come out or anything and could just plug and play...

I just don't want to make the investment on boxes if I can't get a signal..? I see people in the lower 48 are having fits getting Bell's Signal (we had no problems four years ago, when we did it).. but I see nothing mentioned about Alaska and its realtionship to Bell since the new sat was launched...

If anyone at all has any input on that issue it would be greatly appricated.. like I said I would like to go that route over Shaw if at all possible.. but if I have to do shaw, then that is what it is..

Thank you to anyone who reads or helps with my problem