Shaw Programming

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

b54so

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2009
Ohio
Hi All,
So after a year of following these forums, which have been a big help with my other satellite system (E*), I think I'm gonna pull the plug and order up a Shaw system for my mom (who speaks french) and I (who doesn't speak french). I'm not too worried about signal in the states since I'm all of 20 miles from the bottom of Lake Erie. I am looking at getting the 505 receiver and one of the lower price packages with the HD combo pack added on for the HD sports.

My big question is if I can order the basic English pack and add on French packages or can I order the basic French pack and add on English services like sports and such?
Any tips would be appreciated!

Thanks Guys!

You will have no problem with the signal if you have good southwestern visibilty. Shaw's signal is good as far south as central Mexico. You might even be able to get away with the smaller 60E dish rather than the larger 75E that is needed where I live.

Unfortunately Shaw's website for the general public doesn't explain the packages very well. Once you have an account, you can log on to the "self serve" feature where you can actually see what combinations are available and add or subtract from your package or change your tier while on-line.

There are seven tiers on the French side (ranging from 32.99$ to 75.99$) and seven tiers on the English side (from 39.99$ to 85.99$). Each tier builds upon the one below it.

The English tiers appear to provide some limited French programming with the ability to add certain other French Channels, but not all of them. However, it appears to me that the choices are better going the other way: subscribe to one of the French tiers and then select the English channels you want for sports.

Personally, I have the "tout en francais" tier that gives me all but 2 or 3 of all the possible French channels. It's really a pretty good value. They used to have a "parfaitment bilingue" tier that gave a really good mix of French/English, but I can't find any reference to it on their current webpage.

The combinations are endless, so you would need to talk to a CSR (or your vendor since you are in the US) at the time you set up our account to get exactly what you want, but in the general sense, the answer to your question about combining English with French is "yes"

Good luck....

Thanks joshuals! I am looking at getting the 60E dish and I have clear line of sight so no worries there. I think I will give kusat a call later today and see what they can do for me.

Much Appreciated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)