Shaw satellite

Alormondbeach

Original poster
Nov 4, 2012
Canada
Now that bell has gone from fl. I am going to shaw.myshaw 400 receiver does not have cable in. How do I get both to my tv and VCR? Thanks

Hi Al so your going to have both cable and sat? Just get a splitter for the cable it's real easy not like sattelite where you can't use a splitter. Just a couple dollars at Radio Shack.

thanks, my bell receiver had a cable in connector, so when i turned off the satellite it went to cable but the shaw does not have that, i have to figure a way to feed my vcr. from both...thanks again...al

I. A splitter isn't the best option to run two inputs to one TV. You will get a lot of interference on the channel (3 or 4) you choose your satellite RF Out to be.

II. What outputs are on the back of 400 series receiver?
- If there is a composite (yellow, red white), you should hook that up from receiver to VCR, and have your CATV directly to VCR.

- If there is NOT a composite out on receiver, then a better option would be to buy a signal combiner. you hook up RF out from receiver to input on the combiner (can be either channel 3 OR 4), and the cable to the other input. then the output will hook to your VCR. downside to this is you won't get CATV channel 3 or 4 depending on which combiner you get.

Last edited:
Sorry frenchophile I guess I didn't understand the OP I thought he wanted to get his cable TV feed to his TV and VCR so that would be an RF connector and a splitter would work. I thought he meant on his BEV rcvr there was a passthru for cable but the Shaw rcvr doesn't have one. But yeah if hes talking about sending the signal from the Shaw rcvr itself to the TV and VCR of course he should use RCA or somethign like that not RF!