Shaw set-up South of the border

Hi everybody are you using Magic Jack so you can get PPV? Wouldnt it be cheaper to just pay the $1 to do PPV by phone?
If you do PPV by phone, then call from a non-Canadian phone number, that could raise red flags on your account.

pobs do you really think they go back and look at the numbers to see what phone you used? they must have better things to do!

They would not need to explicitly look at them. Any basic phone system could capture caller ID and associate to the account, and generate exception report if not Canadian area code, without human intervention.

I guess but I still don't see why they would do that they don't want to loose customers!

I know..I think Shaw sucks and the only reason for having it would be to take it with you South or if you really like FX! The only person I talked to in Montreal who had Shaw was from Western Canada and used to work for them! Some people don't even know that Shaw Direct exists! I spoke to several who said that Bell and Videotron were the only option. But, why else would anyone want it? It does a have a better HD picture, however you can't permanently archive videos on external hard drives or have an off-air tuner with Shaw's PVR. So, why any PVR user would prefer Shaw, if they cannot take it South, I have no idea!

" So, why any PVR user would prefer Shaw, if they cannot take it South, I have no idea! [/QUOTE]
My sediments exactly miguealaqui!! I wished I never signed up for HAFH program. When I go south in Oct I'm going to try to reactivate my account. If I can't register for my Calgary location only I'm going to drop SD. 15 years as a SD customer, what away to quite! The only good thing is I have great access to online TV programs. The only thing I'll miss is my Calgary local news.

Shaw has a better HD picture ?

I am only really seeing a better when comparing mpeg 2 to MPEG 4. The only mpeg 4 hd channel I have on Shaw is FX Canada; I can't make a side by side comparison because Bell does not have that channel. so after Shaw converts to mpeg 4, I doubt that will even be an advantage. I don't really see an advantage to having Shaw over Bell, other than coverage outside of Canada..especially if you are a PVR user. People have sent me compression ratios saying that Shaw is better, but I just care about what it looks like on my screen. For the channels I want, I am also paying less with Bell.

what switch do I use to combine two Shaw LNBs ?

My Ecoda EC-2111 0/22KHz 2x1 does not seem to work correctly.

Thanks, Wolfgang

I have a setup with 2 dishes one for 107w and another one for 111w, and I´m currently using a 0/22 Khz Ecoda switch, which works just fine, prior to using the Ecoda I was using a DMS International SW-21K 0/22 Khz

I'll put a new switch in and let you know. Thanks

Forgot to mention my DMS I worked fine for a couple of years or so, then I had some problems, apparently with humidity in one of the cables close to the switch, I replaced the switch with a brand new Ecoda, I had the problem for a couple of days, then I isolated the cables and the switch, and everything worked fine again.

I have a setup with 2 dishes one for 107w and another one for 111w, and I´m currently using 2 , 0/22 Khz Zinwell switch, for a 630 equipment but now I have red light on most of the channels it looks my switched are burn.
One question you can see on the switch it states 18V Sat and 13V Sat wich one is what?
dos it mater or nedd to be HD one and STD def the other?
Can someone give me a hint?

I have a setup with 2 dishes one for 107w and another one for 111w, and I´m currently using 2 , 0/22 Khz Zinwell switch, for a 630 equipment but now I have red light on most of the channels it looks my switched are burn.
One question you can see on the switch it states 18V Sat and 13V Sat wich one is what?
dos it mater or nedd to be HD one and STD def the other?
Can someone give me a hint?
you might want to start a new thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts