Shaw Signal Issue

mika911

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2007
"Southern" viewer on Shaw Direct.

Some HD channels are out like CBC & TSN. Shows 30 signal readings.

What's going on? Permanent change?

Shaw Direct is meant for viewing in Canada only.

Yes, I know this but I haul it down when I visit the south for a couple weeks. Yes, the spare dish is big ,but I like keeping my TV. I mean, I'm paying my sub, so no point in leaving the receiver at home where no one is watching.

I've been in the same spot 10 days and had no issues until when I reported them tonight.

It's back now. It must have been a widespread issue?

Thanks!

Yes, the problem affected all subs. It was nice timing with the Stanley Cup being given out and CBC HD being down. It all seems fine now.

Yes, the problem affected all subs. It was nice timing with the Stanley Cup being given out and CBC HD being down. It all seems fine now.

One of the reasons why I got Shaw was to be able to watch HNIC's coverage of the Stanley Cup playoffs. I was traveling for business yesterday, connected to my 630 via my Slingbox last night when the outage occurred which was quite disappointing. I should have switched to one of the CBC SD channels. Oh well, there's always next year which may be the CBC's final season of HNIC if their contract is not renewed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts