ShawDirect 60e - 97/101, 83/87, 87/91 or 91/95?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ftageekyyc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
I am looking at my dish inventory as I continue to ponder my spring projects.

I have a ShawDirect 60e (60cm/24inch) dish with Quad LNB which others have used successfully at more southerly latitudes to receive 97W.

The SatBeams Footprint map suggests 97w requires a 31.5 inch dish in either the Calgary or Edmonton areas.

Is it worth the time even attempting to use this dish for 97 this far north?

Alternatively, I'm thinking of throwing it up on my roof in Calgary aimed for a good pair of potential wild feed sats. SatBeams claims that a 24 inch dish is adequate for 83W, 31.5 for 87W, 29.6 for 89W, 27.6 for 91W(G17) and 29.5 inches for 95W at that latitude.

Any feedback on how useful the SatBeams projected numbers are this far north would be appreciated.

Haven't really tried to correlate their numbers but I'm using a 30 inch Channel Master on 97w(satbeams says 31.5 inch) and it's been performing very well. Heavy snow and it I'll loose some channels. So I guess that kinda says their numbers are fairly accurate for this satellite.
H1 Ku @ 127W says a 31.5 inch for me, but I have a hard time getting any feeds on this satellite with the 30 inch.
So I guess an educated guess would say 'results vary'. Can only give it a try.

H1 Ku @ 127W says a 31.5 inch for me, but I have a hard time getting any feeds on this satellite with the 30 inch.

I'm not sure there are actually any feeds to be found on 127W. Once in a while maybe, but not often enough that I ever bother to scan it.

Just another FYI: In almost a year of scanning the arc every two or three weeks, I only picked up a feed on 127W once (and unfortunately it had already disappeared by the time I got around to looking at it).

I should clarify
feeds on H1. Only those that have been reported.(you know where)
Never have gotten a sniff of 'em.
And yeah, there hasn't been many in the last yr, now that I think about it.

It might be a bit small especially on DVB S2 signals. I've used one on most sats in the past and some channels wouldn't come in for me but most did. I'm not quite as far north as you are but try it and see, you can only waste a little time.

Just scanned in 127w with my 7.5ft SAMI dish and got 14 TPs with 5 Channels ITC, 3 of which are showing the same content. Some of it is "church" type stuff and one is Spanish language news. Rest of the stuff is scrambled or is DC2, which is probably scrambled also.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts